Nurse Manager (RN)
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Come join our awesome team as an RN Nurse Manager at Horizons
Care Center. Recruitment bonus available! Up to $15,000 - to be
paid out quarterly over the next 36 months. Horizons Care Center is
part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the
Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America
parent organization. RN Nurse Manager Job Highlights:
- This position is full time exempt with a base salary of
$75,000-81,500 - depending on experience
- Generous "refer a friend" bonus, up to $5,000
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance;
- Pay in lieu of benefits;
- Vacation/Sick Days & Holidays. Required Qualifications: -To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered
- Current CPR Certification.
- Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent
judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform
physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.
- Understanding of current Antibiotic Stewardship, Infection
Prevention and Infection Control and OSHA guidelines.
- Willingness to work in a facility following infection control
precautions and regular testing for COVID-19; the COVID-19
vaccination is required due to company policy and state healthcare
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test. - Preferred
- Experience in long-term care preferred. Essentials:
- Provides leadership and direction in the nursing
- Open communication with all staff, customers, guests, residents
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding
monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility
- Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as
required per facility policy
- Assist the Director of Nursing as needed About Horizons Health
Care: Situated at the base of the scenic Grand Mesa in Eckert, CO,
Horizons Health Care Center offers staff the opportunity to connect
with a tight community while surrounded by breathtaking scenery. We
help to foster a work-life balance by offering employees paid-time
off benefits as part of our comprehensive benefits package. Our
diverse and involved staff members are supported by the commitment
to maintain relationships of functional trust with every team
member, to always practice solutions-focused problem solving, and
to continually affirm each team member's contribution to the
quality of our work. Come join a diverse, involved, and
compassionate team and see how we earned our Great Place to Work
certification for 4 years running. Our 2022 Great Place to Work
survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a
special meaning: this is not "just a job". - Take pride in helping
others, and join us today!
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , Nurse Manager (RN), Executive , Eckert, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...