Airport Maintenance Technician I + $3000 Bonus & Housing may be available!
Company: Eagle County
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Hiring Range: $21.12-$26.41. The max pay for this position is
The Airport Maintenance Tech performs maintenance in a variety of
different disciplines including but not limited to facility
maintenance, asphalt and concrete maintenance, carpentry, plumbing,
lighting, painting, irrigation, fencing, snow removal, and
equipment operations and maintenance. Keeps airside and landside
facilities and grounds in a clean and safe condition for public
* Housing may be available. If interested in housing, please
inquire during the interview process.
Schedule: We are looking for someone who can work Sunday -
Wednesday 11am - 9:30pm (4x10s schedule) OR Wednesday - Saturday
11am - 9:30pm (4x10s schedule). This schedule may change based on
the availability of other team members. All team members are
expected to be flexible with start and end times based on flight
Bonus Available: $1500 sign-on bonus, paid out on employee's first
paycheck & up to $1500 retention bonus, paid out after 6 months of
employment, based on attendance and performance.
* Maintains airport buildings, grounds, assists in the maintenance
of low voltage electrical systems and assists with runway
* Performs landscaping, irrigation, planting, removal of debris
from grass areas and the airport perimeter fence, and maintains
* Operates and assists in the maintenance of airport systems that
may include heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing,
electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and computer controls, functions
* Performs general maintenance duties including maintaining,
repairing and/or remodeling buildings, lighting fixtures,
furniture, grounds, carpentry, fences, gates, asphalt and concrete
surfaces. Paints interior and exterior structures.
* Maintains and repairs faucets and pipes, unstops and repairs
toilets and drains, installs plumbing ducts, pipes, and
* Mandatory availability and participation in snow removal
operations. Operates a variety of equipment for snow removal, FOD
removal, summer airside and landside projects, uses and maintains
hand tools and motorized hand tools for weed trimming, mowing and
snow removal. Participates in bristle changes, cleaning the SRE and
assisting with equipment maintenance.
* Performs routine and preventive maintenance on buildings and
equipment and weekly preventative maintenance inspections.
* Trains internal/external personnel in a variety of subjects.
* Reviews work orders to determine material, equipment, and
* Maintains and repairs the baggage conveyance systems.
* Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and
materials safely and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
* Serves the community by demonstrating Eagle County Government
mission and core values and following relevant policies and
* Assists with daily trash checks, and trash removal from the
* Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification, or
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Three years of experience maintaining and repairing building
systems, including but not limited to; facility maintenance,
asphalt and concrete maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, lighting,
painting, sandblasting, irrigation, fencing, and/or snow removal
and equipment operations. Or any combo of education and
* Possess a valid Driver's License, or ability to obtain within 60
days, with a satisfactory motor vehicle record without
* Class B Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain within 1
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must successfully pass a 10 year background criminal history
records check in accordance with TSR, Part 1542 and maintain
eligibility for FAA and TSA-mandated security clearance
* Ability to operate a variety of tools, parts, and equipment in
order to complete maintenance activities.
* Ability to identify and implement effective courses of action to
complete assigned work.
* Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions,
practices and work methods sufficient to be able to establish a
safe work environment for self and others.
* Ability to safely operate automotive and heavy equipment,
including automatic and manual shift.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within
* Ability to ensure adherence with established FAA and TSA rules,
regulations and guidelines.
* Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written English.
Ability to read, understand, and follow written and verbal
instruction in order to repair and operate machinery and other
equipment. Ability to read and understand service repair
* Write reports following a standard format with basic proficiency
in the use of computer software and applications (i.e., Google Docs
* Interpersonal skills are necessary to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with employees, tenants, and other
governmental agencies and departments, the community, airport
users, and the traveling public.
* Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
* Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy materials, supplies,
and equipment (25-50 lbs.) frequently, 50-100 lbs. occasionally;
requires continued walking, stooping, standing, and some
* Visual ability to see colors, determine differences in surface
texture, and recognize defective surfaces.
* Indoor work is typically performed with exposure to work hazards
from loud noises, moving parts, and caustic substances when
repairing and operating heavy equipment or using power tools. Work
requires the use of protective equipment.
* Safety practices, safe work methods and safety regulations
pertaining to the associated work.
* Ability to be available or to be on-call for emergency call-outs,
snow removal or weekend duty.
* Ability to assist with night work for terminal and runway
Culture & Benefits
Working in local government is one of the best career paths in the
mountains. 'Your Career will Soar with Eagle County'. Get started
with us today!
* Why is Eagle County recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2022?
Culture of flexibility and support for mental health / wellness.
Check out more awards here.
* Purpose! A modern, values-driven workplace with more than 550
employees embracing a welcoming culture, supportive leaders and an
organization focused on our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County
* Learning organization focused on professional development
opportunities, FREE CMC classes and Tuition reimbursement.
* Future focused with our Strategic Plan on improving housing,
climate change and more.
* As a certified healthy workplace, our culture recognizes the
importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work.
Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer
time, and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Great benefits! See the details
* Comprehensive and low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance
(as low as $75/month for employee only)
* Wellness program where you can earn cash or extra days off
* 12 paid holidays
* Paid time off (starting at 12 days) and additional medical
* Paid volunteer hours
* 6% (dollar for dollar match) retirement plan
* Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
* Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
* Tuition reimbursement programs
* Bilingual Pay Incentive
* Free bus pass and more
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working
in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for
our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not
discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected
status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Relocation & Housing Information
Keywords: Eagle County, Snowmass , Airport Maintenance Technician I + $3000 Bonus & Housing may be available!, Professions , Gypsum, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!