Loader Operator & Quality Control - United Companies - Rifle, CO
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Job ID: 453379
United Companies, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the
future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety,
empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The
Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products,
ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We
succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect,
innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position involving responsibility for the safe
operation heavy equipment and of sampling Redi-Mix concrete
materials. Responsibilities include proper collection of materials
to be tested, proper and accurate analysis of the materials, and
accurate reporting and documentation of results. In addition this
position will include general laborer responsibilities including
safely performing plant maintenance duties. This position involves
various manual tasks.
Wage Range: $19.00 to $23.00 dependent on experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Participates in daily TRACK meetings plus weekly safety
* Assists in plant production of materials and ensures for the
efficient working condition of the plant.
* Ensures that all assigned equipment is properly maintained,
clean, in safe working order and operated properly.
* Prepares plant for operations at the beginning of each shift, and
performs shut down procedures at the end of day.
* Operates front end loader, skidsteer, and other equipment as
* Performs plant maintenance and repairs as needed.
* Safely and efficiently collect samples for testing.
* Perform sampling, testing and reporting procedures according to
established protocol, having the ability to test material samples
and recording test results in a timely and accurate manner.
* Promptly report non-compliant tests to project supervisor when
* Maintain daily record of test results, prepare daily reports and
submit results to plant supervisor.
* Perform daily housekeeping operations and maintain a clean lab
* Properly follow all company policies and MSHA & OSHA regulations
for safe working procedures and environmental best practices.
Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager,
or Human Resources Manager.
* Perform job tasks in accordance with industry best practices and
requirements of the equipment (lifting, carrying, sitting, walking,
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* One to two years related experience preferred but not required.
Willing to train the right candidate.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one on one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to
type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Must have a current and valid driver's license with a good
* ACI Field Level I preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
* Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes
approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with
frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways
to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to
signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required
to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms
above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold
and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to
be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds
of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that
together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized,
diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company
environment while having the career opportunities of large
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the
first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be
brought to our official employment application. Please complete
your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our
system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest!
United Companies, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2022
Keywords: CRH Plc., Snowmass , Loader Operator & Quality Control - United Companies - Rifle, CO, Professions , Rifle, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!