Human Resources System Analyst
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Location: Glenwood Springs
Posted on: April 5, 2021
This position is ONLY open to INTERNAL CANDIDATES (current
employees of Aspen Valley Hospital). External candidates, please do
not apply. Thank you.
The HR System Analyst is responsible for improving the overall
accuracy of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). The HR
Systems Analyst works collaboratively with the CHRO processing of
payroll changes, data analysis/benchmarking, working with key
stakeholders, training on all new HRIS, payroll updates and acts as
the HR Information System superuser. The HR Systems Analyst
oversees the new hire onboarding/screening process & implementing
the new hire onboarding strategy within AVH guidelines.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Data Management
* Serves as the project manager during implementation of HR related
programs. Assesses current system and utilization; identifies and
recommends improvements such as training, customization, and
enhancements to maximize value and efficiency of the HRIS.
* Collaborates with HR staff and organizational leadership to
determine the short- and long-term information department and
system objectives; develops a plan to modify or replace HRIS
applications, modules, and systems to meet those objectives.
* Responsible for all transactions made within the HRIS as it
relates to Payroll, Processing, Terminations, Status and Address
* Serves as lead representative and liaison between HR, information
services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HRIS design
and implementation projects.
* Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in HRIS providers,
vendors, and technology.
Onboarding/New Hire Processing
* Responsible for the onboarding process for all new hires,
including initial follow up on new hire paperwork, references,
primary source license verification, back up for required
* Processes employment eligibility verification of I-9s and ongoing
compliance of work authorization documentation.
* Conducts pre-employment drug screen and verifies applicant has
completed the pre-employment background check, follows up as
* Creates new hire record in HRIS Systems
Reporting, Metrics, and Analytics
* Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with
attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover,
and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
* Identifies, recommends, and programs custom functions and
documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and
* Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of
sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and
payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews,
employment records, government labor statistics, competitors'
practices, and other sources.
Operational and Process Support
* Increase efficiency and accuracy by eliminating manual and
* Collaborates with CHRO and HRBP on the annual performance review
process from a systems standpoint.
* Collaborates with CHRO and HRBP regarding compensation philosophy
and practices. May assist in gathering data from market-based
compensation surveys; benchmarking jobs against survey data and
other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation
ranges for each position.
* Works with Recruiter to ensure that all employee files are
compliant with the Joint Commission HR standards.
* Ensures timely filings of unemployment compensation claims by
working closely with selected vendor.
* Adheres to all security, confidentiality, and privacy
* Takes initiative to stay informed of and contribute to (as
appropriate) current hospital-wide and departmental patient safety
and quality initiatives. Identifies and promotes new learning
around changing safety standards of practice.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making and professional growth.
Population Specific Criteria:
* Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with customers of
all ages, recognizing language and learning barriers, and
* Able to state his/her duties during a code pink drill.
* 3-5 years prior HR experience required.
* 3 years of experience with HR business systems highly
* Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail.
* Relatively high degree of analytical abilities.
* Strong interpersonal skills required.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Bachelor's Degree in HR or related field preferred.
* PHR or SHRM CP certification preferred.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Human Resources System Analyst, Professions , Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!