Company: Pitkin County
Posted on: July 24, 2019
The Airport Intern must be receiving college credits & be studying
in Aviation Management or a related field in order to qualify for
this position The Airport Intern will join the Aspen/Pitkin County
Airport team to complete a 12 week internship which covers all
aspects of airport operation including wildlife and wetlands
management, snow and ice removal, USDA, FAA and TSA regulations;
ARFF, landside and airside operations to include line management &
badging. The intern will also complete an airport related project
which will be assigned based on the operational needs of the
Airport. Aspen/Pitkin County Airport will select one intern for our
summer season and one intern for Fall semester. SUMMARY: Performs
sub-professional job duties at an intern level in landside and
airside airport operations as a member of the Airport security
team. Reviews specific regulations as they relate to airport
security and facility maintenance at the Aspen/Pitkin County
Airport. Assists the public with direction and information as a
member of the line management team. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential
functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act,
may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge,
and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions
and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be
assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable
accommodations will be made as required. The job description does
not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at
any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Airport security team in completion of daily duties,
which will include but are not limited to operations, security,
facility & airfield maintenance, administration and badging.
- Complete intern project, which will be designated and
supervised by the airport operations management team.
- Attendance at operations and staff meetings.
- Assist in communication with contractors, consultants, and
residents including drafting written correspondence.
- Assist with tracking flight information as it pertains to
early/late flight activity and related noise violations.
- Database data entry.
- Assists in the management of airport related contracts & file
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Other related duties as assigned. Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and must be pursuing a degree in
aviation management or a closely related field.
- Two years University experience preferred.
- Must be able to receive credit for this internship from a
- Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's License and acceptable
Motor Vehicle Record. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of:
- Professional principles and practices of airport
- General office procedures, policies and practices, as well as
basic knowledge of computer and other general office
- Computer applications related to the work. Skill in:
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment
within established guidelines.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical
deadlines, and following up on assignments with minimum
- Applying logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish
tasks; to understand, interpret and communicate complicated
policies, procedures and protocols.
- Managing priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Communicating clearly and effectively, orally and in
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other
- Using personal computers with intermediate level proficiency in
document/file management, word-processing, database management,
email usage and Internet browsers. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- Work will be performed in an office environment and also
outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Potential exposure to dangerous tools, equipment, machinery and
fumes. HIRING RANGE:
- $16.00 to $20.00 per hour, dependent on experience.
Keywords: Pitkin County, Snowmass , Airport Internship, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!