Company: Glenwood Medical Associates
Location: Glenwood Springs
Posted on: January 19, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Glenwood Medical Associates Registration Coordinator
is a vital position in our practice. Throughout the day we are
responsible for greeting everyone entering our building, patient
registration, gathering accurate patient information, answering
phones, scheduling appointments, directing patient flow through the
practice, working with providers and medical assistants, verifying
insurance, and collecting payments. Registration Coordinator
communicate on a daily basis with their assigned clinical teams and
is a key player within the clinical team of providers and nursing
staff to keep an accurate schedule. Our practice has 15+ providers
and we generally see several hundred patients a day. Each day
brings new and exciting challenges! DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.
Greet and receive patients and visitors in a friendly, welcoming
manner, creating a positive first impression. 2. Assist patient
with immediate needs and address pertinent questions.
3. Coordinate patient activity in reception area, report problems
or irregularities, and communicate delays to patients.
4. Register new patients on computer system.
5. Obtain detailed patient information and copies of insurance card
6. Update patient demographics at each visit
7. Inform patients of the patient payment requirements for their
visit and collect payments.
8. Schedule patient appointments per protocol both in person and on
9. Maintain open communication and support customer service
10. Answer the main switchboard and direct callers appropriately
11. Manage cash drawer per protocol.
12. Fully participate in meeting department incentives: a. Huddle
with your provider team at least once weekly per protocol. b. Enter
patient demographic data per Meaningful Use criteria > 95%. c.
Complete the new patient referral data for every new patient. d.
Appointment phone calls answered within 90 seconds at least 90% of
the time. 13. Oversee reception area and lobby maintenance.
14. Must be punctual and arrive to work at the assigned time.
15. Must keep patient's health information confidential at all
times and maintain HIPPA compliance.
16. Must be able to handle the responsibility of unlocking and
locking the clinic at assigned times to maintain the security and
integrity of the facility. 17. Attends and participates in
Reception Services meetings.
18. Looks for ways to better serve patients and GMA and offers
19. Other duties as assigned. Typical Physical Demands: Work may
require sitting, viewing and operating a computer for long periods
of time, as well as stooping, bending and stretching for files and
supplies. Manual dexterity required to operate telephone and other
small office equipment. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and
hearing must be in a normal range for telephone and direct patient
contacts. Job requires occasional lifting, up to 30 lbs. CRITERIA
FOR EVALUATION: Evaluated on thoroughness of duties, a pleasant and
positive attitude, strong customer service skills, attendance and
punctuality, attire and grooming, initiative (self-motivation),
relationship with co-workers, especially providers and nursing
staff, patients and judgment calls. Must master the training
checklist and pass core competencies test. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
Reports directly to Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High school graduate or GED.
2. Keyboard proficiency at 45 wpm.
3. Two years medical office experience preferred.
4. Three years customer service experience. PERSONALITY AND WORK
TRAITS: Position requires an individual with an enthusiastic and
congenial personality that can work well with others and also work
well alone. Interpersonal skills are essential. Superior
communications skills are necessary, both verbal and
Organizational and multi-tasking skills are required. Must be
accurate and detail oriented and a self-starter. Must be able to
work well under pressure and must be a team player with a good
sense of humor. Able to read, understand and follow oral and
written instructions. Must be able to work some holidays,
occasional Saturday mornings and occasionally cover our After
Clinic in the evening. SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Previous medical
facility experience preferred but not required. Must be able to
demonstrate good communication and people skills. Must be able to
work some holidays, weekends, and limited over-time. Must be able
to work well under pressure and must be a team player with a good
sense of humor. PI200429892
Keywords: Glenwood Medical Associates, Snowmass , Registration Coordinator, Other , Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!