Activities and Life Enrichment Assistant
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Come join our awesome team as an Activities Assistant at Valley
Manor Care Center. Recruitment bonus available! Up to $4,000 - to
be paid out quarterly over the next 24 months. Valley Manor Care
Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which
serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of
America parent organization.Full-time Activities Assistant Job
- $15.00-17.75/hour - depending on experience
- Generous "refer a friend" bonus, up to $5,000
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, or
- Pay in lieu of benefits;
- Paid Time Off & HolidaysAbout the job: The Activities/Life
Enrichment Assistant is engaging, compassionate and energetic. They
coordinate and participate in our resident's activities. The role
is vital to the overall spirit and zest to our community. Be an
impactful figure in the daily lives of Seniors and make a
difference! Required Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- If operating company vehicle you must be 21 years of age and
meet the MVR organization standards.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral
instructions; to prepare written reports and documentation.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity required in working
with craft projects and other resident activities.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during
evenings and weekends for planned activities events.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
- Must be willing to work in a facility following precautions and
testing for COVID-19.
- Must be able to work weekends.Preferred Skills:
- High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred.
Preference given to persons who have completed courses in
- Minimum one year experience in a healthcare setting
- Ability to work with residents of varying levels of
- Assist with social, recreational, purposeful and spiritual
activities to residentsAbout Valley Manor Care Center: At Valley
Manor Care Center in Montrose, CO, our aim is to find friendly and
compassionate staff who are specially trained to care for patients'
needs as individuals, respect their privacy, and help clients
maintain as much independence as possible. While providing care to
our patients, we want our staff to feel cared for and love their
work while maintaining a work-life balance, so offering employees
paid-time off benefits is a part of our comprehensive benefits
package Our diverse and involved staff members are supported by the
commitment to maintain relationships of functional trust with every
team member, to always practice solutions-focused problem solving,
and to continually affirm each team member's contribution to the
quality of our work. Come join a diverse, involved, and
compassionate team and see how we earned our Great Place to Work
certification for 4 years running. Our 2022 Great Place to Work
survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a
special meaning: this is not "just a job". Take pride in helping
others, and join us today! At VOANS, we celebrate sharing,
encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities
are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability,
marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and
veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and
unique personal differences nurtures and supports our
organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an
inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and
has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , Activities and Life Enrichment Assistant, Other , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!