Community Care Provider (Uncertified) $2000 Hiring Bonus
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Senior Community Care of Colorado-Montrose Full Time Position
Schedule: Variable shifts 7 days a week per week 6am-9pm Pay:
$15.00-$20.41 **$2,000 Hiring Bonus** PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS: PCS
Manager, PCS Coordinator, PCS Admin Coordinator, Center Services
Director, Food Services Coordinator, Activity Aide PACE staff,
participants, family members, and public. OBJECTIVE: Under the
direction and supervision of the Personal Care Services (PCS)
Manager and PCS Coordinator, is responsible for providing and
assisting participants with activities of daily living and
restorative/supportive care necessary to ensure the physical and
health safety of the home environment. Assists in monitoring and
reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for
the PACE participants of Senior CommUnity Care of Colorado (SCCCO).
As assigned, works shifts in the SCCCO Day Center and provides care
and services to participants and assists with the provision of a
safe and effective day program QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required:
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have
means of transportation.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: A minimum of one year's experience in working with
the frail or elderly population required.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to speak, write, and read in English.
- Basic knowledge of how to support frail or elderly in
Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with culturally, economically, and
educationally, diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to work in diverse environments and willingness to be
flexible with work schedules.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.ESSENTIAL
- Consults each day with the PCS Coordinator (or designee) to be
updated on changes in participant status, changes in plan of care,
and to confirm scheduled visits.
- Under the direction and supervision of the PCS Manager assists
participants in the home with the following duties:
- Assist participants with ADL's (bathing, dressing, grooming,
hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and foot nail care and
toileting) as assigned or needed.
- Assists participants with restorative and supportive care
(including ambulating, positioning, transferring, skin care,
personal care, etc.) as assigned or needed.
- Assists participants with Independent Activities of Daily
Living (IADL's) (grocery shopping, cleaning, changing bed linens,
laundry, meal preparation and other routine household care) as
assigned. Assist participants to the bathroom or in using commodes,
bedpans, or urinals.
- Performs directed household / homemaker services.
- Orders supplies from the Day Center as needed.
- Performs the following duties, as assigned or needed, in the
- Assists participants and or supervises with activities of daily
living (bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating,
hand and foot nail care and toileting) in the Day Center as
assigned or needed.
- Monitors and assists participants with meals at feeding
- Assists, throughout the day, in maintaining clean and orderly
day rooms, kitchen and personal care areas.
- Performs and or assists with laundry, including clothes for
- Assists the Drivers with the loading and unloading of
participants from vehicles.
- Reports changes in participant's condition and needs to PCS
Manager/Coordinator or other appropriate staff.
- Completes appropriate documentation of services provided
following SCCCO policy.
- Notes changes in participant's physical or emotional health and
communicates this information to the appropriate staff person.
- Maintains accountability for high customer service standards
and monitors, evaluates, and responds to opportunities for improved
participant and family/caregiver satisfaction.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of SCCCO by ensuring all
activities and operations are performed in compliance with local,
State, and Federal laws, regulations, and contractual
- Establishes and maintains a productive working relationship
with relevant contracted providers, participants, families, and
- Is responsible for adherence to program cultural standards
(Fundamentals) including supporting the development and integration
of these standards within the team through modeling, coaching, and
- Follows and ensures that clinical team follows all
organizational policies and procedures and CDC and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines.
- Acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate
biohazard precautions, and practices Universal precautions.
- Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of all company
procedures, results and information about employees, participants
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required
staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations
and any required certifications.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.Work
EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee may encounter while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the
- May be exposed to a risk of bodily injury through contact with
moving instrumentation, toxic substances, medicinal preparations,
bodily fluids, communicable diseases and any other conditions
common in a healthcare environment.
- Subject to unpleasant odors.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individual with disabilities to meet these demands:
- Physical Requirements - Shall be in good mental and physical
health, and capable of performing assigned tasks. Requires
standing, walking, occasional pushing and pulling and lifting.
Requires the ability to lift/carry up to fifty (50) pounds and push
or pull objects exceeding one hundred fifty (150) pounds, using
appropriate body mechanics. Requires manual and finger dexterity
and eye-hand coordination.
- Visual, Hearing and Communication Requirements - Requires
corrected vision and hearing to normal range, with or without
reasonable accommodation. Must be able to document care provided in
participant records. Must be able to communicate verbally with
participants, family and team.
- Pressure Factor - Requires working under stressful conditions.
Working conditions may be noisy and crowded and fluctuation indoor
temperatures. Required to meet scheduled appointments while dealing
with frail and confused participants. Subject to participants that
may have the potential for verbal or physical aggression as well as
difficult family dynamics, including caregivers under stress.Safe
Work Performance ExpectationsThe safety of employees, residents and
visitors is of paramount importance. Our work place safety program
will be incorporated as the standard of practice for this
organization. Compliance with these safe work expectations will be
required of all employees as a condition of employment. Our
organization focus will hold all employees accountable for safety
performance equal with quality and production expectations.
Employees will be expected to:
- Follow correct policy and procedures for department and
facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of
fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
- Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
- All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
- Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Follow guidelines for department environment and safety
- Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance
and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals
- Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents:
staff, residents, etc.Job Functions Every effort has been made to
identify the essential functions of this position. However, this
job description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific
descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if
the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this
position. At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing
diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national
origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status,
parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and
any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe
that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences
nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our
mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where
everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , Community Care Provider (Uncertified) $2000 Hiring Bonus, Other , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!