Assistant Team Leader - Meat Department
Company: Mustard Seed Health Food Market, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
We are Northeast Ohio's largest locally owned Natural Food
Store, proudly serving our communities for 37 years. Our specialty
is providing high quality natural and organic foods and products
along with education on food issues and the environment. We adhere
to strict ingredient standards and promote locally grown food. Job
Provides leadership in the Meat Department by directing and
managing associates, ensuring excellent customer service, ordering
perishable products and supplies, and implementing merchandising
initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting
customer requirements and maximizing profits. Supervisory
Meat Cutter, Meat Associates Responsibilities
- Promotes team work, coaches, develops and trains department
associates; minimizes turnover, promotes efficiency, and controls
- Schedules associates according to labor budget and delegates
work assignments effectively.
- Ensures department has adequate staffing levels during all
hours of operation.
- Works in conjunction with Human Resources Department in the
hiring, terminating and disciplining of associates.
- Maintains accurate department records to ensure documentation
of activities is available.
- Responsible for all purchasing decisions and related activities
for the Meat Department.
- Manages inventories and orders products to meet customer
requirements, maximize gross profit and minimize shrink.
- Responsible for selection, variety and location of products on
store shelves and displays within Meat Department.
- Responsible for merchandising displays and all products
effectively to maximize sales.
- Ensures proper shelf tags and sign discipline occur.
- Notifies Store Director and/or Maintenance Associate of any
equipment needing repair.
- Maintains good relations with vendor contacts.
- Obtains and negotiates monthly advertising contracts.
- Works in conjunction with Store Director and Senior Management
in determining appropriate pricing of products.
- Audits invoices to ensure all credits and rebates are
- Ensures all invoice costs match negotiated contracts.
- Codes and properly allocates invoices and submits to Accounting
Department in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment to ensure health code
and OSHA requirements are met.
- Analyzes customer and associate feedback to identify areas
needing improvement and develops processes and/or procedures to
address those issues.
- Performs duties of staff as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education And Experience (E
= Essential D = Desired)(E) High school education or equivalent
(E) 5 years experience in meat operations
(E) 2 years of experience in management Knowledge, Skills,
- Knowledge of entire meat department operations
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct and control
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to read a profit & loss statement
- Basic computer skills using the windows operating system
including internet, printing, and email
- Basic usage of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word,
and Excel PM19 PI174666467
Keywords: Mustard Seed Health Food Market, Inc., Snowmass , Assistant Team Leader - Meat Department, Other , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!