Unit Coordinator - Emergency Department
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Location: Glenwood Springs
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective
means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and
to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to
better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires
COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
The Emergency Department Unit Coordinator is a supporting position
to the Emergency Department and Patient Care Unit patients and
staff. Under general supervisor, this position works in a highly
fluctuating environment where a high tolerance for stress,
maintaining composure, and a high level of emotional intelligence
are crucial skills.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Functions as a hub of flow and communication for the emergency
department for our staff, patients, visitors, consulting physicians
and other AVH departments by knowing the overall status with all
- Provides clerical support for ED: transcribes physician orders,
schedules diagnostic tests, schedules follow up appointments for
patients with primary care provider.
- Assembles, maintains, and disassembles patient charts, and
maintains ER logbook accurately and legibly. Files lab or
diagnostic results to charts in a timely fashion. Reviews charts at
discharge to assure all required signatures in appropriate places
and reviews all charges entered on paper and transfers to
- Performs clerical support and administrative duties as needed
or requested in a timely manner; this includes ordering of clerical
or departmental supplies, submitting departmental work orders and
other unit specific needs.
- Promptly answers calls with courtesy and professionalism from
patient triage area and notifies nurse with sense of urgency, tech
or ambulance personnel as well as hospital switchboard calls.
- Is familiar with Everbridge paging system to page medical or
administrative support as needed. Understands various group
- Notifies appropriate personnel and departments of an impending
surgery or patient admission by updating status changes in the
computer ordering system.
- Copies and assembles patient charts to accompany transfer
patients to receiving facility. Provides EMTALA forms to ER MD for
completion prior to transfer and assures nurse and doctor have
completed all required sections, signatures, dates and times before
placing with transfer chart.
- Communicates drills or overhead page alerts clearly and
efficiently as directed.
- Cooperates in training new departmental employees on basic ER
Meditech functions.(entering labs, x-rays, CT, MRI, Ultrasounds) ,
Charges for physicians and the ED
- Daily pickup and distribution of emergency department
- Actively participates in department meetings with attendance of
80% or better. Read and respond appropriately to departmental email
and postings. Maintains awareness of Press Gainey- patient
satisfaction improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and
- Keeping ER physicians on track with charting, orders, charges
integrating the physicians, PAs, RNs and techs to maintain cohesion
to provide timely and safe care for patients that would be
detrimental for patient care if not
- Extensive Knowledge of our Paging System (Everbridge) for all
group pages, traumas and disaster level notifications.
- Ordering supplies for the ED for office supplies, Pyxis,
- Maintains the Log book and discharging patients appropriately
with their destination as transfers, admits , status changes
- Obtains medical records from other facilities and doctors
- Tracks down consulting physicians
- Knowledge of Galactica to navigate and retrieve old record
information for ER physicians as requested.
- Tracks patient results from lab and radiology to assure timely
turnaround in time critical/sensitive results affecting treatment
plan. Knowledge of quality indicators in relation to illness
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Graduate
- The ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations
with highly functional and reactive practitioners
- Extremely dependable and organized for patient safety
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $20.00 - $24.91/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Unit Coordinator - Emergency Department, Other , Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!