Environmental Services Aide
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Location: Glenwood Springs
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective
means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and
to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to
better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires
COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
Under supervision, but according to well defined procedures,
performs a variety of tasks related to cleaning assigned areas.
Performs a variety of tasks related to the processing, packaging,
inventorying and delivery of laundered items.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Receives cleaning assignments and selects cleaning materials
and supplies from designated area, prepares solutions according to
established formulas, loads service cart, and transports same to
- Visually inspects completed work area to ensure appropriate
levels of cleanliness and neatness have been achieved.
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and coworker expectations.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous,
and responsive employee
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality regarding patients,
physicians, co-workers and business-related contacts.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings, tile, fixtures,
and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions; scours and
polishes sinks, tubs, toilets, mirrors, etc.
- Disposes of refuse by emptying waste baskets in assigned work
- Vacuums and wet mops limited floor areas such as resident's
rooms, personnel offices; vacuums carpets using appropriate
solutions and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly
fashion after cleaning assigned area. Cleans equipment and returns
to store room.
- Sorts soiled linen according to color, item and soil content
and places individual loads into washer extractor; sets for
appropriate cycle on washer. At end of cycle, transfers wet linen
- Once linen is dry, linen is transported to linen folding table,
where it is folded, weighed, and placed in clean linen room or
- Feeds wet, flat sheets, pillow cases and draw sheets through
- Daily delivers and restocks fresh laundry to departments as
stated in Environmental Services policy and procedure book.
- For commercial or physician practice's linen, same process as
used above and bundled in saran wrap.
- Places same in client's clean linen bags and placed in clean
linen room for pick up by appropriate office with client name
written legibly on saran with black marker.
- Processes minimum of 40 pounds of laundry per person per hour
- Checks and replenishes chemicals daily to avoid running out.
When new drum is installed, date and initial container. Use of
proper protective equipment when handling chemicals is
- Cleans dryers at the beginning of each shift and cleans water
drain each Tuesday both by 8:00 am. Clean, dust and polish all
machines by 3:00 pm on Thursday.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making and professional growth.
- Participates and contributes to departmental meetings and
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous janitorial or housekeeping experience preferred
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $20.00 - $22.00
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, can be
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Environmental Services Aide, Other , Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!