Property Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective
means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and
to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to
better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires
COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
The Maintenance Mechanic assists with all aspects of
facility/grounds maintenance throughout the Aspen Valley Hospital
portfolio of properties. Under general supervision maintains,
repairs, and documents building components and mechanical equipment
in accordance with TJC, OSHA guidelines, industry/manufacturer best
practices, or per AVH policies.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Properly performs preventive maintenance and operational/safety
tests and repairs in accordance with TJC, OSHA guidelines, industry
best practices, or per AVH policies.
- Repairs and maintains building components and mechanical
systems in accordance with diagrams, technical manuals and standard
practices utilizing power tools, testing and analyzing equipment
and other tools relevant to accomplishing the job
- Observes equipment during operation, disassemble equipment for
repair or preventive maintenance and to conduct tests to verify and
ensure proper operation.
- Properly utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management Software
- Completes daily, or as assigned, operational verifications,
repairs and adjustments. Monitor equipment to verify proper and
safe operating parameters are met.
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards, and hospital policy.
Accurately records in logs, PM sheets, work orders, etc. work
accomplished, time and materials, corrective actions and date of
- Consistently maintains and repairs equipment or systems
utilizing proper tools & materials.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Assists with office moves, patching and painting, general
repairs (electrical, low voltage, plumbing, etc), snow removal, and
landscaping work as required.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous,
and responsive employee
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and coworker expectations.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making and professional growth.
- Participates and contributes to departmental meetings and
- Ability to take rotating on call for nights and weekends
approximately 7 weeks per year.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Valid State of Colorado driver's license with a relatively
clean driving record is required
- High school education and trade or technical school
- 3-5 years work experience in a technical field or facility
- Strong aptitude for reading and interpreting information from
manuals and drawings preferred
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- Ability to operate a variety of vehicles/equipment safely, ex:
plow truck, skid steer, sweeper, snow blower, pressure washer, etc.
- Must live within 1 hour of AVH, or stay in call room when on
rotating call week
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $22.00 - $27.43/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here. Associated topics: backfill, landscape,
maintenance, paver, resurface, rug, sod, superintendent, tree
maintenance, tree pruner
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Property Maintenance Mechanic, Other , Basalt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!