OR Resource Coordinator
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective
means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and
to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to
better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires
COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
The Operating Room Resource Coordinator provides both clinical and
administrative support to Perioperative Services and The Steadman
Clinic Service Line. This position will also provide support to
Perioperative Service and Administrative Leadership with staff
education, service line initiative implementation, and act as a
conduit with The Steadman Clinic and all other specialties,
Surgeons, Materials Management and Anesthesia. This position will
be in the call rotation but not routinely on the schedule for
staffing in Perioperative Services. It is imperative that the
Coordinator circulate cases regularly and have a high presence in
the Operating Rooms to stay current with all procedures, changes in
equipment/instruments/supplies required by the surgeons.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Physician offices to enhance appropriate
planning and scheduling of cases. Functions as a hub of flow and
communication in Perioperative Services for staff, patients,
visitors, physicians, vendors and other AVH departments.
- Provides clinical support for OR: Monitors all scheduled cases,
reviews scheduling sheets for accuracy of cases booked and
preference cards, assesses special requests and supply needs for
scheduled cases. Provides Ortho and all other specialty expertise
to assist in the elevation of Orthopedic and all other specialty
practice and standardization. Supports Perioperative Services staff
in orientation, standardization, training, and case performance in
Ortho and all other specialties.
- Acts as the liaison and point person among physician, physician
office, OR, materials management, to facilitate a seamless planning
process. Works closely with The Steadman Clinic teams and all other
specialty Surgeons/Leadership to research and provide national best
practice to Perioperative Services staff.
- Provides routine, approved information, through the individual
service lines. Functions as a conduit with The Steadman Clinic, and
all other specialty Surgeons/PA's and Anesthesia needed to provide
consistent information and communication.
- Manages preference cards to optimum efficiency. Collaborates
with Materials Management to ensure appropriate supplies are
available for the day of surgery. Ensure availability of
implants/grafts. Ensure needed instruments are available for the
cases and loaners are available. Ensure appropriate vendors are
contacted and available as needed.
- Collaborate with Leadership to support OR efficiency. Ensure
that needed equipment is available in OR rooms. Assist with special
needs, equipment and supplies.
- Support OR team throughout the day in areas such as opening
rooms, facilitating turnover and throughput. Facilitate effective
handoff techniques between care teams. Ensure appropriate next day
plans are made by collaborating with key players.
- Provides educational support for the departments (non-RN
positions) through needs assessment as well as facilitating or
providing in-services such as introduction of new equipment and
supplies. Participates in audits to ensure compliance in best
practices and outcomes. Assist in Joint Commission, State and
hospital mandated in-services.
- Facilitate implementation of best practices as they become
available into the OR environment.
- Communicates well with various hospital departments and nursing
units, special needs to Charge RN and OR clinical teams clearly and
efficiently, and supports communication to appropriate personnel
and departments of an add-ons or patient transfer.
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient
safety standards of practice
- Follows all security, confidentiality, and privacy
- Performs clinical support and other duties as needed or
requested in a timely manner; this includes ordering of Ortho and
departmental supplies, submitting departmental work orders and
other Perioperative Services specific needs.
- Promptly answers questions from staff, surgeons, leadership and
other AVH departments and immediately notifies Charge Nurse, and/or
Perioperative Leadership/Director of issues.
- Is familiar with current communication system to support The
Steadman Clinic, Perioperative Services and Administration as
- Tracks Tissue ordering, arrival and use. Also monitors
expiration and consignment needs for Perioperative Services
- Cooperates and assists with maintaining training of new
departmental employees related to standardizations, competencies
- Daily duties include: monitoring of OR Schedule, daily support
of all specialties working directly with the Charge RN, daily
rounding and support in OR for all service lines.
- Actively participates in department meetings with attendance of
80% or better. Read and respond appropriately to departmental email
and postings. Maintains awareness of patient satisfaction, staff
and Surgeon/Anesthesia improvement initiatives.
RN Only Duties:
- In addition to the above duties: RN duties provide a more in
depth level of care in the position.
- Assist with the patient PAT process and coordination of pre-op
- Acts as a liaison regarding patient information with
- Assists with physician's orders transitioning from clinic to
- Provides educational support for the department and OR nursing
- Assists in Inter-departmental Patient reporting (information
- Performs intraoperative support/assessment to assigned RN role
and to assist in consistent efficiency metrics for all
Perioperative Services RN and to standardize processes.
Population Specific Criteria:
Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with customers of
all ages, recognizing language and learning barriers, and
- Able to state his/her duties during a code pink drill.
- Ensures developmentally and medically appropriate care for all
patient populations and age groups.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3 years of OR experience as a circulator; scrub experience
- Administrative & general office experience preferred
- Licensed Colorado RN
- BLS certification
- ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $47.11 - 48.99/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , OR Resource Coordinator, Other , Basalt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!