Accounts Payable Specialist - Located in Aspen, CO
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Location: Glenwood Springs
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our Award-Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, excellent benefits package, being part of a
very cohesive & supportive team, and four of North America's top
ski resorts at your doorstep.
Handles all functions related to Accounts Payable. Provides support
to all members of the Finance Department as needed. Works closely
with all members of the Finance Department to ensure the smooth
flow of operations.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Processes invoices supported by purchase orders, assign invoice
numbers to purchase orders. Reviews the invoices to prevent
duplicate payments, to ensure proper amounts are paid and the
correct accounts are coded. Follows up with Material Management to
determine the reasons for the discrepancies and how to remediate in
- Creates and posts scheduled payments. Notifies the Controller
when A/P is ready for check printing. Distributes and mails A/P
- Manages all aspects of Accounts Payable. This includes
understanding recurring payments and the operating and leasing
agreements that support such payments. Investigates issues or
concerns and responds promptly.
- Evaluates invoices that lack purchase order documentation.
Forwards invoices to Department Managers for authorization and
general ledger assignment. Once approved, processes these invoices
in the Meditech System.
- Distributes mail to appropriate members of the Finance
Department on a daily basis. Opens and sorts mail relevant to
- Demonstrates ability to maintain policies, procedures and
systems. Understands the importance of confidential information and
the consequences for violating such confidentiality.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement of the Finance
Department, including further automation of accounting
- Makes trips to the bank and Post Office as needed.
- Assists in other areas of the Finance Department as
- Reviews batch report after the information is entered in
Meditech. The review includes: general ledger account, invoice
number, invoice address, invoice date and amount. After the batch
is reviewed, it is sent to the Controller for final approval and
- Responsible for A/P month end deadlines. This includes
cancelling old POs (approved by managers), recurring expiration
review, renew and on-hold invoices report.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of accounting principles preferred
- Entry level general book keeping preferred
- 2 years of A/P experience preferred
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $21.07/hr
Mid-Point = $27.39/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off,
Health Insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, all of
which can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Accounts Payable Specialist - Located in Aspen, CO, Other , Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!