Director of Revenue Integrity
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Location: Glenwood Springs
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
Manages revenue integrity for all entities (hospital, freestanding
physician practices, imaging center including client billing) which
includes different applications, products, merchants, compliance
and charge description masters.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manages revenue integrity for all entities (hospital,
freestanding physician practices, imaging center including client
billing) which includes different applications, products,
merchants, compliance and charge description masters.
- Manages patient inquiries that have been forwarded by MedAssist
- Works with appropriate hospital personnel to ensure maximum
charge capture at the point of service.
- Manages compliance with all Governmental Accounting Board, CMS
regulations and third-party contracts to ensure integrity of
recognized revenue through charge entry.
- Manages all departments' charge description masters along with
concurrent and annual updates to ensure such updates will optimize
reimbursement while complying with all federal and state
- Manages compliance with all third-party contracts regarding
reimbursement, policy updates and physician credentialing to ensure
reimbursement integrity (includes enforcement of compliance with
third-party contracts and negotiating favorable terms for the
- Ensures that claim production through MedAssist meets all payer
requirements, and is accurate and timely, and minimizes payer
- Ensures claim detail integrity between AVH and MedAssist
- Member of the grievances committee.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer to resolve all high-level
patient account concerns and inquiries.
- Manages the Epic implementation related to the Revenue Cycle
functions and partners with the Controller to ensure a smooth
implementation of the Finance function with minimal impact to the
Revenue Integrity function.
- Manage the outstanding accounts receivable in the previous EMR
for the hospital and other related entities.
- Manages all financial assistance and reimbursement programs
including Colorado Indigent Care, Charity, Planned Parenthood,
Community Health, Plastics among others.
- Works closely with Medical Records Director to ensure timely
and accurate coding of accounts and audit compliance and their
- Personnel Management - Manage staffing, including recruitment,
supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary
- Fiscal Responsibility - Develop business case justifications
and cost/benefit analyses for Department spending and initiatives.
Develop and review budget for department and ensure it complies
with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Regulatory & Accreditation Compliance - Develop and implement
all Department policies and procedures.
- Staff Development - Ensure that staff members are aligned with
department and organizational goals. Provide continued educational
opportunities to support those goals.
- Departmental Quality & Performance Improvement - Develop and
implement strategies to continually improve quality and performance
of the department as it relates to the mission and goals of the
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years (recent) managerial experience in a hospital
setting overseeing the Revenue Cycle and Integrity processes is
- Degree in business or other related field preferred.
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $46.11/hr
Mid-Point = $59.91/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement can
be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Director of Revenue Integrity, Other , Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!