Patient Care Technician (PRN)
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and
Provides technical patient care assistance, receptionist duties, or
unit clerk duties as needed under the direction of a nurse and/or
physician in the patient care areas at Aspen Valley Hospital to
include the emergency department, inpatient nursing, OB, same day
surgery, physical therapy and diagnostic imaging. According to
established policies and procedures, provides medical/nursing
assistance within the scope of certification. Practices exceptional
customer service, answers phone, assists in maintaining supplies
and equipment, restocks, assists patients with activities of daily
living, prepares beds and rooms for occupancy, transports patients,
and assists with procedures. Works with nutrition staff and
provides general assistance with patient meal ordering and
clean-up. Communicates information in a knowledgeable and courteous
manner with staff, patients, and families. Relays, reports, and
documents patient information and any change in patient condition
to nursing staff, while maintaining strict confidentiality of
patients at all times. Performs tasks such as collection of
specimens, vital signs, and telemetry monitoring as directed by
nursing staff. Assists with admissions as well as discharges of
patients and ensures a safe and clean environment for patients and
the healthcare team. Attends in-service training, workshops,
seminars and meetings as appropriate.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; assists with patient
and family assessment and problem identification; assists with plan
of care; under the direction of the RN assists with implementation
and evaluation of the plan of care so that problems are
- Prioritizes patient situations and takes appropriate action in
an efficient, effective manner.
- Makes value-added resource decisions for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment, and acuity of care.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with all members of
the hospital team to address patient care issues, problem
resolution, and improve delivery of multidisciplinary care.
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent
with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self- care
needs. Evaluates effectiveness of patient learning.
- Adheres to all accepted patient safety standards. Identifies
and promotes new learning around changing patient safety standards
of practice. Addresses safety concerns within scope and reports
safety concerns to RN or MD immediately. Follows all security,
confidentiality, and privacy policies.
- Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of
patient and family in their care.
- Compliance with Rules, Regulations, and Policies
- Records documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy, as well
as adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own practice
- Demonstrates self- directed learning and participates in
- Participates in quality initiatives in the department.
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and
- Demonstrates competency and knowledge of equipment and
procedures performed and sets up for procedures (i.e. suturing;
wound care); assists with procedures when requested.
- Assists MD and RN as needed with patient care to include vital
signs, data collection, basic patient needs, patient positioning,
splint and brace application, casting, crutch training, equipment
setup, and patient transport. Notifies RN of change in patient
condition. Prioritizes work load to meet the needs of patients in
- Restocks and prepares patient bed/rooms for occupancy.
Identifies need for repair or replacement of equipment and follows
through to ensure equipment issues are corrected.
- Answers telephone calls and call lights promptly and
courteously and responds to requests and messages in a timely
- Performs unit clerk duties as needed/requested.
- Ability to begin resuscitation efforts in accordance with BLS
guidelines until relieved by a physician/nurse.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Required certifications through American Heart
- High school graduate required
- RN, Certified Nursing Assistant or EMT-B or I preferred
- IV certification preferred
- ACLS and PALS preferred
- Prior experience as a unit clerk or similar medical background
- Knowledge of procedures, schedules and basic medical
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Spanish preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience.
Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which
includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or
PRN Minimum = $21.29/hr
PRN Mid-Point = $27.62/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
PRN Benefits: As an employee you will be eligible to purchase
discounted bus passes for transportation to and from work,
discounted ski pass options, 457B, and also participate in a number
of AVH hosted programs including cell phone discounts or computer
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Patient Care Technician (PRN), Other , Basalt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!