Radiology Technologist I
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and
Under general supervision of the Manager and Chief Technologist,
this position is responsible for providing Radiologic and CT images
of technical detail, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and
initiative in producing quality exams and providing clerical
services to the department.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Always ensures accurate documentation including completion of
all required forms, sign, date, time and legibility of all
documentation. Scan all documents as needed/required.
- Delivers, documents and oversees patient care in accordance
with AVH policy, procedure, protocol and TJC or CMS standard
interpretation. Demonstrates ability to prioritize all aspects of
patient safety and National Patient Safety Goal requirements.
- Maintains complete clinical competence for all patient care
delivered in the patient care setting and for all specific
radiology technician modalities assigned. Maintains appropriate
education and certification requirements for role and radiology
- Implements correct charging procedures and monitors daily for
accurate charging in the department. Participates in charge master
changes, corrections, updates or additions.
- Participates in departmental and organizational education as
requested/required. Assists with new staff orientation and
- Oversees the appropriate use and maintenance of Radiologic
equipment, and assures appropriate function, patient safety, and
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent
with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self-care
- Evaluated the effectiveness of patient learning
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making.
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities
within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department
specific continuing education that improves patient care or
- Able to express values around patient/family centered care and
assists others to achieve shared understanding.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes.
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed
and apply relevant findings to practice
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and co-worker expectations.
- Represents the department and hospital as a dedicated,
courteous and responsive employee.
- Completes C-Arm Competency Checklist as required, including
demonstration of proper use procedures, saving and transferring
images, disinfecting machine, use of shielding and how to begin an
- Completes X-Ray Room 1 Competency Checklist as required,
including demonstration of proper use procedures, performance of QA
in proper sequence, use of digital/cassett exams, grid use, start
of exam, proper protocol and transfer of images to PACS,
Pigo-O-Stat, lead shielding and locating proper supplies.
- Completes X-Ray Room 2 Competency Checklist as required,
including demonstration of proper use procedures, start of
exam-cassett and use of flouro, transfer of info to PACS, set up of
sterile tray, use of shielding, operation of flouro tower and
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition; fully
stocks area as needed.
- Inspects sterile packages and eliminates damaged or out dated
- QA on equipment and images
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Associate Degree in Radiology or equivalent from a two year
College or hospital program required
- ARRT in Radiologic Technologist required
- Required American Heart Association Certifications:
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $25.75/hr
Mid-Point = $33.43/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, with
details that can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Radiology Technologist I, Other , Basalt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!