Life Safety Specialist
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
The Life Safety Specialist will be responsible for maintaining a
safe Environment of Care and all life safety equipment and fixtures
within AVH facilities. The "LSS" will use acceptable work practices
and follow hospital, regulatory, and departmental guidelines to
maintain a safe and comfortable environment for patients, staff and
visitors. The LSS will maintain survey readiness for TJC, CMS, and
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Coordinates vendor service activities on Life Safety systems
(ie: Fire alarm, Fire sprinkler, etc) reviews service reports,
follows up on deficiency resolution
- Collaborates with Maintenance personnel on aspects of plant
operations that affect the EOC
- Organizes and maintains Life Safety documentation to meet TJC,
CMS, and other AHJ requirements
- Properly utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management Software
(CMMS) to complete and document monthly rounds on all Life Safety
components including fire doors, extinguishers, exit signs/lights,
- Observes above ceiling conditions, issues above ceiling
permits, to verify Fire/Smoke barrier integrity organization
- Issues and follows up on hot work permits and protocols
- Reviews Life Safety system testing, policies, and documentation
procedures and updates scheduling or testing protocol to ensure
compliance readiness and best practices are being maintained.
- Completes weekly EOC rounding with Safety Officer, documents
and follows up on findings/training opportunities.
- Compiles reports and tracking data for the EOC committee to
- Conducts and documents Fire Drills and education for all AVH
facilities on a continual basis
- Conducts fire risk assessments and implements interim life
safety measures as needed to ensure a safe environment.
- Reviews life safety equipment for capital replacement needs,
coordinates with Director for budgeting needs and installation
- Assists Director in annual Program reviews to ensure goals are
being met and establishes program improvements for the upcoming
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3-5 years work experience in a technical field or facility
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NFPA 99, 101 highly desirable
- High degree of analytical abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to start and complete work independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety procedures
- Excellent computer/technical skills
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Valid State of Colorado driver's license with a clean driving
- High school education and trade or technical school
- Ability to obtain NFPA CLSS-HC certification within 12 months
of hire,Click Here For More Information.
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $23.18/hr
Mid-Point = $30.14/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement can
be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Life Safety Specialist, Other , Carbondale, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!