Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and
Manages the storeroom and purchasing operations assuring that
adequate inventory is maintained and departments within the
hospital are stocked. Communicates with departments regarding
special orders and items. Maintains database of both stock and
non-stock items to assure accuracy and ease in ordering. Maintains
cart exchange and department inventory records and updates with
input from department managers.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manages the storeroom and purchasing operations to assure
- Works with departments regarding special orders and items
- Maintains database of stock and non-stock items for
- Maintains cart exchange and department inventory records
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and coworker expectations.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous,
and responsive employee
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Takes weekly visual and computer inventory
- Places accurate orders to approved vendors keeping inventory at
appropriate levels on a weekly basis.
- Takes special orders from hospital departments for both stock
and non-stock items, ordering where appropriate and refers items to
administration and/or product evaluation committee when
- Insures timely receipt of special order items.
- Finds items or equipment for customers as needed, using correct
- Maintains records pertaining to returns of items to vendors,
including returns authorizations, shipping, documentation, and
- Assists as needed with receiving and distribution of orders
including appropriate paperwork.
- Assists with training of new storeroom personnel.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making and professional growth.
- Participates and contributes to departmental meetings and
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Basic knowledge of purchasing techniques and procedures,
Hospital equipment utilized, purchasing standards and ethics as
normally acquired through a Bachelors Degree in Business
Administration or a hospital purchasing course.
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $21.07/hr
Mid-Point = $27.43/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, retirement, with
benefit details that can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Purchasing Agent, Other , Basalt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!