Company: Aspen Skiing Company, L.L.C.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Manage the activities of the Banquet Department to maintain high
standards of food and beverage, service and presentation to
maximize profits. Responsible for planning logistics for all
meeting, function, and wedding space as well as off-site catering
venues. Interact with staff in a fast-paced environment while
remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, professional and
efficient. Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy
the challenges of supporting a luxury banquet operation at a
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as liaison between client, Event Managers and The Little
Nell/Sundeck/Aspen Mountain Club.
- Interacts with VIPs, Ownership and Guests on behalf of the
hotel greeting VIPs, handling special requests, etc.
- Create profit plans for maximizing event execution balancing
profitability against promotion in order to create return clientele
and sales growth.
- Responsible for the general operation of the Banquet
department. Specifically responsible for administrative duties to
include hiring, scheduling, payroll, accounting, training and
- Conduct training and development programs within the department
which will provide well trained employees at all levels and permit
advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career
- Responsible for staffing levels at functions within service and
labor standards to insure the highest level of guest service while
also monitoring labor costs.
- Attend and contribute input to bi-weekly Staff meetings, BEO
meetings and weekly F& B meetings
- Oversee table and room set-up, side duties and delivery times
of rental equipment
- Complete reports, projects and paperwork and billing
- Supervise the care of equipment; minimize waste, breakage and
- Regular communication with Event Managers to ensure guest
requests are being met.
- Responsible for budget creation and maintenance
- Maintain a high level of guest satisfaction; make immediate
corrective action when necessary
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times and
ensure staff appearance is impeccable
- Conduct daily walk through ensuring banquet area is clean and
- Enforce local liquor and sanitation ordinances
- Review banquet event orders; communicate with Director of
Events and Executive/Banquet Chef.
- Participate with the chefs, Director of Events and F&B
management in the creation of attractive menus and unique offerings
designed to attract a luxury customer. Remain up to date on
industry trends and recommend supply purchases and process
- Control banquet liquor cost, secure beverage, maintain accuracy
of banquet beverage consumption reports, conducts monthly beverage
- Responsible for the safety and fire procedures, proper handling
of staff and equipment
- Responsible for inventory of banquet store room, china, glass,
silver, chairs, tables, linens etc.
- Manage effective control of food, beverage and labor costs to
achieve predetermined profit objectives
Responsible for assisting all team members in organization of
kitchen items, to include, dry goods, kitchen equipment, storage
containers, cleaning supplies and proper rotation and organization
of all food deliveries.
Additional Job Duties
- Assist in other F&B outlets as needed during high business
- Report to work in a neat groomed and acceptable manner as
outlined in the Little Nell Grooming policy
- Enforce and comply with all policies and procedures for the
Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell and the Aspen Skiing
This role typically pays around $75,000 + commissions, actual
pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried
roles are eligible for bonus.
Keywords: Aspen Skiing Company, L.L.C., Snowmass , Banquet Director, Other , Snowmass, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!