Human Resources Generalist
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Volunteers of America is looking for a Human Resources
Generalist who is enthusiastic and ready to be an integral part of
our HR Department!
The Human Resources Generalist's role is the first point of
contact for facility employees needing Human Resources support.
They will coordinate various Human Resources functions at the
facilities that we support in Western Colorado, including: Valley
Manor, Homestead at Montrose, Home Health of Western CO, Horizons
Care Center, and Senior CommUnity Care Meals.
- Enroll new employees in benefits plans and provide benefits
orientation; coordinate with staffing and payroll to ensure
accurate paychecks and benefit deductions; notifies Corporate Human
Resources of separations to initiate benefits continuation
materials correspondence; process status changes. Complete monthly
audits of personnel file compliance, including FMLA, personal
leave, performance evaluations, I-9's and background checks. Update
HRIS to ensure tracking is in place.
- Maintain data files and documentation of Human Resources
materials including: policies and procedures, standard manuals,
employee handbooks, job descriptions, new employee packages,
benefit plan documents, affirmative action plans and automated
training files. Distribute as directed.
- Respond to employee benefits questions; communicate with
vendors and maintain documentation of issues and resolution; refer
issues to Regional Human Resources Manager as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of Human Resource supplies.
- File and organize various Human Resources materials and
- Coordinate the annual election benefits process, as directed by
the Regional HR Manager.
- Ensure compliance with standard policies and procedures.
- Communicate policies, new processes and programs as directed by
the Executive Director and/or Regional HR Manager.
- Work with each Department Manager on recruiting; assist with
the process of posting opening internally and placement of ads, job
fairs and other recruiting resources; ensure all Department
Managers are equipped with interview questions that focus on the
essential functions of the position.
- Coordinate with staffing personnel and department managers in
the hiring process.
- Provides new employees with general orientation and
instructions on handbook interpretation.
- Provides consultation and oversight of compliance to policies
in the Human Resources Reference Manual to assure consistent
interpretation of personnel policies across departments.
- Coordinates Worker's Compensation Claims.
- Conducts training programs on personnel issues for staff on an
- Provides consultation to facility on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Serves as a resource to employees seeking assistance
Work where you feel at home.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by
nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and
other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and
At Volunteers of America, we're also dedicated to creating
thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team
members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you
need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and
beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional
When you join our team of exceptional professionals, we'll trust
you to do your best each day, and to show compassion and caring for
our residents and your fellow team members. In return, you'll be
rewarded with a generous array of industry-leading benefits and
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership
- Employee discount program
- Salary: $55,000-$62,000
- Certification or degree in Human Resources, organizational
development or comparable personnel training and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years Human Resources and/or administrative
experience, preferably in a health care environment.
- Knowledge of personnel/employee relations to include payroll,
benefits, wage and salary administration, recruitment and
selection, unemployment compensation, worker's compensation, EEO
and affirmative action.
- Working knowledge of basic administrative, clerical, accounting
and computer functions. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, e-mail and Internet.
- Broad knowledge of Federal and State laws, rules, regulations
and guidelines relating to employment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to a deadline.
- Well-developed oral and written communication, facilitation and
presentation skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to
coach and counsel staff effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills; consumer focused.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High degree of professionalism; able to deal with extremely
confidential information. Ability to maintain the highest level of
confidentiality in performing all aspects of position.
- Works well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and
memos. Ability to prepare written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English including writing,
reading and speaking on the phone.
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!