Weekend RN Supervisor, Valley Manor- Montrose, CO
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Valley Manor Care Center is looking for a full-time Registered
Nurse to work as our Weekend RN Supervisor Friday- Sunday 6a-6p
shift. The ideal candidate is flexible, reliable, well organized
and a team player. The primary purpose of the RN Supervisor it to
supervise the day-to-day activities and will plan, direct and carry
out shift routines in the skilled nursing facility and observe,
direct and evaluate the activities of personnel as the person "in
charge" according to the Nurse Practice Act.
- Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing
procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and
procedures of the facility.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure
that medications and treatments are being administered as
- Perform direct care related activities for approximately 10
least clinically complex residents.
- Perform daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all
nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in
accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services
with other resident services to ensure that continuity of the
resident's total regimen of care.
- Complete and investigate accident/incident reports and assist
with abuse/neglect reporting to specific agencies as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between physician, resident, family and
resident care team to ensure physician orders are accurately
carried out and documented using the information from the
resident's plan of care.
- Initiate and resolve follow-up and problem charting as
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and
meetings of the facility to which you are assigned.
- Assists with the coordination of staffing patterns and
productive nursing hours as delegated by the Director of
- Responsible for holding staff accountable for correctly
following policies and procedures as outlined in the employee
handbook and nursing job descriptions.
- Completes employee evaluations in a timely manner as
- Assists with disciplinary actions as assigned by the Director
- Coordinates and conducts routine nursing staff meetings on
- On-call as delegated by the Director of Nursing Services.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line
- Follow up on all accident and incident reports and give to
Director of Nursing within facility time protocol.
- Observes staff for proper safety techniques and infection
control policies and procedures.
- Ensure the environment on the nursing unit is clean, safe,
clutter-free and homelike.
- Supervision of meal service to ensure quality of life with
regards to the dining experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered
Registered Nurse with previous long-term care experience.
Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments
utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as
Demonstrates leadership ability.
Effective communicator with staff, families and outside
Ability to prioritize duties.
Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer
Ability to complete assigned duties within a constantly changing
Must possess effective management and supervisory skills.
Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform
physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Wage range: $28.60-34.40 DOE
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , Weekend RN Supervisor, Valley Manor- Montrose, CO, Other , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!