Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Home Health of Western Co is seeking a Physical Therapy
Assistant to join our team in Montrose CO! This position is
full-time, wage range $25.00- 29.50 DOE.
OBJECTIVE: To provide physical therapies and education. The
Physical Therapy Assistant assists the Physical Therapist with
resident/patient related activities and direct resident/patient
care. The Assistant keeps department records as per facility
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- A graduate from a physical therapist assistant curriculum
approved by the American Physical Therapy Association and is
currently licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the state
(if license is available).
- Minimum of one year experience as a physical therapist
assistant in a skilled nursing facility is preferred.
- Able to understand medical terminology and how it applies to
physical therapy, to communicate with residents, staff and
physicians, and how to prepare meaningful reports.
- Spatial and form perception are necessary to visualize
anatomical structure of the disabled part of the body and the
relation of the therapeutic devices in remedial actions.
- Coordination and dexterity are necessary when treating
residents and handling therapeutic equipment.
- Ability to communicate with the residents to establish
favorable attitude to motivate the resident to desired cooperation
and effort in his/her rehabilitation development
- Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the physical
demands involved in moving residents and equipment into position
for treatment and in manipulating equipment and residents.
- Be willing to work Saturdays, to travel to other Volunteers of
America Care Centers, and to work flexible hours.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Skill and knowledge regarding Cardiac Rehabilitation therapy a
- Skill and knowledge regarding PPS a plus.
- Able to meet the requirements identified in the Essential
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Physical Therapy Assistant does not perform any of the
- Evaluation of residents.
- Determination of resident's treatment program.
- Receive or interpret physician's orders.
- Modify or change physical therapy treatments.
- Terminate treatments without direction of the Registered
- Report resident's progress to physician.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee may encounter while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the
- Interacts with staff, consultants and outside vendors.
- May be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday.
- Exposure to blood, body tissue of fluids.
- Exposure to hazardous waste materials, dust and loud or
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these
- Employee needs ability to move continuously; may cover large
distances walking through facility and is on feet
- Vision requirements include both near and far vision.
- Frequently required bend, squat, stoop, twist, reach, crouch,
knell, push and pull; occasionally required to climb, crawl, and
- Frequent sitting or standing.
- Frequent repetitive pushing, pulling, grasping and find
- Frequent resident handling.
- Occasional lifting from floor.
- Employee is required to frequently carry up to twenty-five (25)
lbs. and to carry up to seventy-five (75) lbs.; frequently required
to lift up to one hundred (100) lbs., and occasionally lift up to
seventy-five (75) lbs.
- At times may be required to drive automotive equipment.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and
- Ability to hear normal sounds within background noise.
- Ability to speak clearly and make self understood.
- Ability to keep attention on task if routinely
- Ability to understand a variety of concepts/approaches.
- Ability to remember tasks/assignments for a full shift.
- Ability to work beyond regularly scheduled shift (overtime)
Safe Work Performance Expectations
The safety of employees, residents and visitors is of paramount
importance to Volunteers of America. Our work place safety program
will be incorporated as the standard of practice for this
organization. Compliance with these safe work expectations will be
required of all employees as a condition of employment. Our
organization focus will hold all employees accountable for safety
performance equal with quality and production expectations.
Employees will be expected to:
- Follow correct policy and procedures for department and
facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of
fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
- Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
- All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
- Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Follow guidelines for department environment and safety
- Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance
and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals
- Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents:
staff, residents, etc.
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , PT Assistant, Other , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!