Clinic Coordinator II - Located in Aspen, CO
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Location: Glenwood Springs
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This position is ONLY open to INTERNAL CANDIDATES
(current employees of Aspen Valley Hospital). External candidates,
please do not apply. Thank you.
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, excellent benefits package, 40 hours/week
(Mon-Fri), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, four of
North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much
Schedule outpatient clinic visits. Schedule various Aspen Valley
Hospital based tests/procedures, as needed, according to
established protocols. Register each patient for the clinic visit
upon presentation to the clinic. Facilitate patient flow with the
clinic staff and providers.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
* Schedule provider clinic visits according to the established
schedule for each provider.
* Accurately register each patient in the EMR, for the clinic
visit, using a thorough interview technique. Assure all patient
demographic and insurance information is current and complete for
billing. Obtain patient consent for treatment. Ensure all
compliance requirements are met. Assist patient with EMR Kiosk use.
Obtain patient signature on any ABN's provided by AVH pre-cert
* Schedule AVH based diagnostic tests and procedures, ordered by
the provider, according to established protocols. Communicate with
ancillary departments, as needed. Provide pertinent pre and
post-test/procedure information to the patient in a timely
* Assist with daily operations of the clinic.
* Exhibit professional, compassionate, service oriented demeanor in
all communication and duties while interacting with patients,
physicians, staff and visitors. Dress in professional attire
according to guidelines listed in the AVH Personal Appearance
* Maintain full understanding and follow AVH and applicable HIPAA
regulations. Maintain constant awareness of patient confidentiality
in all scenarios. Uphold and conform to all regulations without
* Perform cash collections at time of service, consistent with
financial counseling procedures, AVH's Credit and Collection Policy
and any other financial directives. Utilize software for payment
and receipt. Handle money competently and securely, accurately post
payments received. Provide correct change if applicable. Balance
and reconcile cash drawer daily, report any discrepancies to the
* Communicate information and coordinate the patient visit in a
knowledgeable and courteous manner with patients, families and
staff. Assist with keeping family members updated regarding
patient's procedure/visit. Notify patients and family of any
* Answer telephone calls promptly. Respond to patient or provider
requests in a timely manner. Document accurate messages, relay or
forward messages to appropriate personnel. Refer on-line callers to
appropriate personnel as applicable.
* Perform appointment reminder calls to patients per established
protocols for the department.
* Complete discharge process for each patient. Schedule follow up
appointment. Schedule procedures or diagnostic tests as ordered,
provide any pertinent information. Assure patient understands the
plan for care and future visits. Enlist the assistance from
clinical staff for any clinical concerns.
* Monitor incoming and outgoing faxes, emails, and other
correspondence. Refer correspondence to the correct staff
member/group for task completion.
* Order office supplies for the department. Assure adequate
supplies are available in the clinic.
* Adhere to all accepted patient safety standards. Report any
patient safety incidents on the approved AVH Occurrence Form.
* Follow all security, confidentiality, and privacy policies, as
well as, all industry specific rules and regulations.
* Monitor reception area activities and alert the Clinical
Supervisor, Physician, or Nursing Staff when triage is needed or
when the lobby is full. Ensures cleanliness and organization of the
reception area during work day.
* Prioritize work load.
* Participate in, and contribute to, discussions at Department
* Maintain flexibility for reassignment to a variety of Outpatient
Clinics as assigned by Director and Clinical Supervisor, as
* Coordinate with clinical staff to process referrals.
* Advise Clinic Director and/or Clinical Supervisor of any
* Print and mail patient future lab and clinic visit appointment
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
* Proficient in Microsoft Office required
* Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail required
* Strong interpersonal skills required
* Ability to work independently required
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English required,
* Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant
experience. Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position,
which includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point
(12 or more years).
Minimum = $21.07/hr
Mid-Point = $27.43/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off,
Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Clinic Coordinator II - Located in Aspen, CO, Other , Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!