Company: PIC Companies
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Title: I&C Technician
Location: Gypsum, CO
Term: Direct hire, full time
The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Technician is
responsible for the maintenance and repair of all instruments,
control systems and electrical equipment in the power plant and the
associated facilities. The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C)
Technician performs work of high skill in the inspection repair,
testing, adjustment, installation and removal of all electronic and
electrical power plant equipment and systems.
The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Technician reports to
and supports the Plant Manager and will provide recommendations to
the staff in the preparation of budgets and setting performance
goals for the generation facility.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measure and maintain the reliability and performance of plant
control systems and instruments involving such work as inspecting,
testing, and diagnosing the operating conditions of the various
- Inspect, repair, install, and remove all types of motors,
generators, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring,
electrical signal and communication systems, and storage batteries,
and work with electrical systems up to and including 4,160
- Calibrating, testing, troubleshooting, re-working, modifying,
and inspecting plant instrumentation and control components and
- Perform preventive maintenance duties on all major equipment
and systems, as well as emergency backup systems.
- Maintain complete equipment files, logs, and drawings for all
- Forecast, inventory, and order spare parts to maintain plant
reliability. Assist in physical inventories.
- Participate in the administrative maintenance of the plant
operating manuals, technical references, prints, and diagrams and
preventive/predictive maintenance records.
- Complete other tasks as requested by the Plant Manager.
The successful candidate should be able to read and understand
corporate programs, policies, procedures and instructions specific
to the O&M Agreement. Qualifications must include the
- High school diploma or GED is required, supplemented by
specialized training in power plant instrument operation and
- Graduation from an accredited Instrument Technician Program and
2 year's work experience as a technician in a related industry is
- 4 year's work experience as a technician with increasing
responsibility in a related industry may be accepted in lieu of the
- Experience in working on equipment with voltage ratings up to
4,160 volts is highly desired.
- Ability and willingness to work well with others and be
self-directed with respect to assigned responsibilities is
- Ability to understand and work from electrical schematics,
P&ID, and control system logic diagrams is required.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power-driven tools.
- Ability to apply creative solutions to unique I&C problems
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational
Keywords: PIC Companies, Snowmass , Instrumentation Technician, Other , Gypsum, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!