Mechanical/Maintenance Tech - Eagle County Airport
Company: Eagle County
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Hiring Range: $23.09 - $28.87
The Airport Mechanical/Maintenance Technician is a hybrid
position that will spend approximately 70% of their time working on
preventative maintenance and repair work on the airport fleet with
the remaining time filled with general facility and grounds
This position will service and perform preventive maintenance
and minor repair work on a variety of heavy, specialized, and light
equipment. Work in this position involves complex automotive, heavy
equipment, and mechanical/electrical systems; considerable analysis
of facts and alternatives may be required. Diagnose and make
appropriate repairs when required. Order and maintain parts and
supplies for equipment, facilities, and snow removal.
This position will also perform maintenance in a variety of
different disciplines: facility maintenance, asphalt and concrete
maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, lighting, painting, sandblasting,
irrigation, fencing, snow removal, and equipment operations and
maintenance. Keeps airside and landside facilities and grounds in a
clean and safe condition for public use.
Schedule: Tues - Sat 8am - 4:30pm. Schedule may change in the
future based on flight schedules.
- Performs required preventative maintenance on county vehicles
and equipment; checks oil levels, checks fluid levels, changes
lubricants, changes filters, applies grease to fittings, moving
parts, etc., cleans dirt from air filters, checks operating
condition of lights, brakes, hoses, tires, and belts. Wash and
steam clean equipment and clean work area.
- Inspect primary and auxiliary operating systems for loose and
worn parts, hydraulic systems for faulty cylinders, hose or
fittings, and air systems. Assists in diagnosing malfunctions and
determining necessary repairs.
- Repair and replace worn parts not requiring major mechanical
work. Identify and report to the supervisor any major problems
requiring mechanical attention.
- Attend a variety of equipment repair training sessions for
- Maintains airport buildings, grounds, and assists in the
maintenance of low voltage electrical systems.
- Performs various rough and finish carpentry tasks.
- Operates and assists in the maintenance of airport systems that
may include heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing,
electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and computer controls,
functions, and/or operations.
- Performs general maintenance duties including maintaining,
repairing, and/or remodeling buildings, fixtures, furniture,
grounds, fences, gates, asphalt, and concrete surfaces.
- Paints interior and exterior structures and performs general
- Maintains and repairs faucets and pipes, unstops and repairs
toilets and drains, installs plumbing ducts, pipes, and
- Replaces light bulbs, tubes, and repairs fixtures as
- Trains internal/external personnel in a variety of
- Mandatory availability and participation in snow removal
- Maintains and repairs the baggage conveyance system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years on-the job experience as a journey level
mechanic performing routine maintenance on gasoline or diesel
powered vehicles; or, any combination of education and experience
which produces the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with some technical training
or ASE certification in Automotive, Medium/Heavy Truck or Transit
- Valid driver's License with a satisfactory motor vehicle record
- Thorough knowledge of Fleet maintenance. Knowledge of methods,
procedures, and materials common to the servicing of diesel,
gasoline, and alternative fuel-powered vehicles and equipment
sufficient to be able to perform preventive maintenance.
- Skill in recognizing and reporting faulty and abnormally
functioning diesel and gasoline-powered equipment, hydraulic
systems, tires, tubes, and wheels.
- Ability to inspect materials, supplies, and automotive parts
for compliance with requests and specifications.
- Knowledge and ability to use computerized inventory and fleet
management system software.
- Knowledge of automotive and heavy equipment parts and their
- Ability to diagnose vehicle and equipment malfunctions and
determine necessary repair.
- Experience maintaining and repairing building systems,
including but not limited to; facility maintenance, asphalt and
concrete maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, lighting, painting,
sandblasting, irrigation, fencing, and snow removal and equipment
- Ability to operate a variety of tools, parts, and equipment in
order to complete maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions,
practices and work methods sufficient to be able to establish a
safe work environment for self and others. Ability to safely
operate automotive and heavy equipment, including automatic and
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written
English. Ability to read, understand, and follow written and verbal
instruction in order to repair and operate machinery and other
equipment. Ability to read and understand service repair
- Write reports following a standard format with basic
proficiency in the use of computer software and applications (i.e.,
Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with employees, tenants, and other
governmental agencies and departments, the community, airport
users, and the traveling public.
- Ability to identify and implement effective courses of action
to complete assigned work.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within
- Ability to ensure adherence with established FAA rules,
regulations, and guidelines.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy materials, supplies,
and equipment (25-50 lbs.) frequently, 50-100 lbs. occasionally;
requires continued walking, stooping, standing, and some
- Visual ability to see colors, determine differences in surface
texture, and recognize defective surfaces.
- Indoor work is typically performed with exposure to work
hazards from loud noises, moving parts, and caustic substances when
repairing and operating heavy equipment or using power tools. Work
requires the use of protective equipment.
- Outdoor work is performed in a variety of weather/environmental
conditions including extreme weather.
- Ability to be available or to be on-call for emergency
call-outs or weekend duty
- Two (2) years of experience in the diagnosis, repair, and
maintenance of various building systems preferred.
- Completion of a technical training program and two (2) to five
(5) ASE certifications in Automotive, Medium/Heavy Truck or Transit
Bus. - preferred
- Five (5) years on-the-job experience as a journey level
mechanic performing detailed maintenance on gas or diesel powered
vehicles, hybrid/alternative fueled vehicles, or construction
equipment. - preferred
- Commercial Driver's License - preferred
A career with Eagle County Government impacts and enriches the
lives of our community members by following our mission: Creating a
Better Eagle County for All. With nearly 500 amazing employees,
Eagle County is a progressive and values-driven organization
located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
Outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking a small town community are
attracted to Eagle County for the amazing lifestyle. Although we
are best known for our world-class skiing, hiking, biking, fishing
and outdoor activities, it is really the people that make our
valley so great!
Benefits for full-time employees:
- Comprehensive and low cost medical, dental and vision
- Wellness program where you can earn cash or extra days off
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off and medical leave
- Paid volunteer hours
- 6% match retirement plan
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Free bus pass and more
As a certified healthy workplace our culture recognizes the
importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work.
Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer
time and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is
essential for our employees be successful in serving our community.
We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this position.
Eagle, CO Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Town of Eagle & Eagle
Vail Valley Relocation Guide (Courtesy of Vail Valley
Keywords: Eagle County, Snowmass , Mechanical/Maintenance Tech - Eagle County Airport, Other , Gypsum, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!