Registered Respiratory Therapist
Company: Pioneers Medical Center
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Registered Respiratory Therapist Cardiopulmonary
Reports to: Cardiopulmonary Manager
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt, Hourly
Compensation: 36 hours/week; $26-$30/hour, depending on
Pioneers Medical Center is a community-based healthcare facility
focused on building life-long partnerships with our patients to
empower them to achieve optimal health. In addition to our hospital
and emergency facilities, we collaborate with leading physicians to
provide local care for your cardiac, orthopedic, oncology, urology
and internal medicine needs. We treat our patients like a valued
family member. Whether for an emergency, serious illness, surgical
procedure, lab test, radiology scan, chronic disease management,
preventative care, home health service or long-term care and from
infants to adults to seniors, we provide The Care You Count On.
Were looking for a motivated Registered Respiratory Therapist to
bring valuable skills and experiences to our organization. A
Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for administering
safe and competent respiratory care as ordered per a physician,
with an emphasis in specialty areas (i.e., Emergency, Pediatric,
Geriatric and Critical Care), monitoring mechanical ventilation,
administering medications, assessing patients, understanding
ramifications of hemodynamic monitoring, understanding blood work
results, monitoring, and teaching and training other employees.
- Competent delivery of all Respiratory Care procedures as
outlined in the department policy and procedure manual.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all Respiratory
Care procedures per department policy and procedures.
- Verify Respiratory Care physicians orders. Initial, date, and
time order after verification.
- Receive and give accurate and complete report. Update and
complete patient profile to reflect patient's current clinical
status. Be prepared and ready to receive/give report at the
specified report times.
- Attend and participate in department in-services, meetings,
patient care rounds, and mandatory hospital meetings.
- Keep Supervisor apprised of changes in workload and patient
- Enter into the department's computer all daily services and
charges given to patients.
- Demonstrate excellent working knowledge of Respiratory Care
instruments and equipment. Perform troubleshooting with appropriate
- Perform effective airway management to include bag/mask
ventilation. Assist physician/intubation certified therapist with
intubation. Demonstrate safe and appropriate suction techniques and
use of artificial airways.
- Initiate and perform "CPR". Primarily responsible for airway
- Initiate, maintain, monitor and document continuous mechanical
- Provide timely and accurate update information to the
physicians and other hospital personnel. Make recommendations for
changes or modification of patient therapy by contacting
- Assist in orientation/training of new employees,
respiratory/nursing students, and precept new employees during
- Understand and institute advanced ventilator modalities such as
IRV and PC-SIMV.
- Work in all areas of the hospital.
- Effectively discuss advanced respiratory pathophysiology with
physicians, and can implement changes based on patient
- Perform arterial blood gas sampling.
- Initiate, maintain and monitor ventilator patients using Bicore
and Siements graphics. Interpret flow volumes and pressure volume
curves to initiate appropriate clinical changes.
- Evaluate chest x-ray for endotracheal placement and other
clinical conditions optimizing Respiratory Care delivery.
- Complete required continuous training and education, including
- Comply with established personal protective equipment
requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and
other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants,
radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the corporate
compliance program, including the duty to comply with applicable
laws and regulations, and report to a designated manager (or
employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful
acts or practices.
- Adheres to the safety guidelines as outlined by the facility
and reports unsafe equipment, areas, practices, etc., as required
Education and Experience
- Graduation from a two-year AMA-approved School for Respiratory
- Passing score on the NBRC entry level examination
- Active, unencumbered Colorado State License for performing
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- At least six months of previous working experience in a
hospital setting is strongly desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective English communication skills (both verbally and in
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Knowledge of relevant medical equipment.
- Be a positive member of the team with excellent attention to
- Ability to work independently within the scope of practice as
defined by the AARC and State of Colorado.
- Demonstrate a professional and caring attitude toward
coworkers, patients, and families.
- Be able to maintain a well-kept and clean appearance, including
during on-call hours.
- Be able to maintain and adhere to strict HIPAA regulations and
PMC confidentiality practices at all times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Pioneers Medical Center is committed to equal treatment and
opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or
military status, or any other category protected under the law. As
an equal opportunity employer, Pioneers Medical Center will not
limit or segregate employees in any way which would tend to deprive
them of employment opportunities/promotions, or affect the status
of their employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or veteran status.???????
Keywords: Pioneers Medical Center, Snowmass , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Other , Meeker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!