Company: APSI Construction Management
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Project Details (Size, SOW, Site Background, etc.):
This project involved removing two existing bolted steel
domestic water storage tanks replacing with a new tank sized
appropriately based on the results of a water demand analysis,
water quality modeling, and Park needs. The work involves
dismantling and removal of one 80,000 gallon tank, removal of
associated buried cast iron water line (approx. 125 LF), isolation
valves and drain lines. Reclamation of the site after tank removal.
Dismantling and removal of one 800,000 gallon water tank,
excavation, filling and compaction of the site to prevent settling
mostly due to a buried collapsed tank that is underneath the
existing tank. Site preparation for the new 100,000 gallon tank and
required support equipment and facilities. Modification and
connection of all existing water piping and connections required to
install the new water tank. Construction of a concrete pad for the
new tank to be placed on. Installation of fill and flow metering
systems to be monitored by existing park SCADA system. Replacement
of automated controls, SCADA instruments and related equipment.
Once complete, the existing service building shall be replaced to
match the new water tank to provide protection and house water
valve controls and related equipment. Installation of sub grade
rodent and prairie dog proof chain link and weed barrier fabric
inside existing fenced footprint. Final grading and replacement of
vehicle and personnel entry gates. Construction shall meet all
state and federal modern drinking water standards and
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients,
architects/engineers, and contractors
- Manage project schedule from inception to close out
- Lead project job-site meetings
- Review contractor work in place to ensure compliance with plans
- Review and approve of contractor monthly requisitions and
- Efficient change order management and cost control
- Report on project issues and providing status updates
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications (Experience, Education, Certifications,
- Minimum of ten years of construction experience serving as a
Construction Manager, Construction Management Representative,
Owner's Representative or Construction Superintendent
- Experience working on similar projects involving the removal
and replacement of water tanks over 100,000 gallons including
removal and replacement of valves, pipes, and fittings; installing
fill and flow metering, SCADA instruments, and equipment; fill and
compaction of site soils; and installation of concrete pads.
- Experience working in high altitude, cold weather conditions
with snow and ice accumulations, and areas of high ground water.
Experience working in remote areas where material deliveries and
worker commutes are difficult.
- Knowledge and experience working with federal Government
Project Managers/CORs on project costs and budgets, processing
change requests, requests for information, submittals, and field
- Experience using construction management software (Procore,
E-Builder, Prolog, Primavera, Expedition, ect.) to communicate
construction progress and process documentation.
- Experience using MS Excel or related cost estimating software
(RS Means Costworks, Sage Timberline, etc.) to develop Independent
Cost Estimates for change order negotiations and ability to
evaluate contractor provided construction CPM schedules, including
logic and sequencing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architectural or Construction
- Engineering in Training (EIT), Registered Profession Engineer
(PE) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-hour
construction safety training.
- Familiarity with NPS policies and procedures.
Keywords: APSI Construction Management, Snowmass , Construction Manager, Other , Mancos, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!