Nurse Educator - Behavioral Health
Company: Diamond Healthcare Corp.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Come work with a great team! DiamondHealthcare, working
withVolunteers of AmericainMontrose,
Colorado, is launchingTreatment in Place(TIP) a
behavioral health treatment program for seniors. We are seeking a
motivated and experienced nurse for the Nurse
Educator position with strong psychiatric
nursing experience for this location.
Diamond Health employees enjoy a good work/life balance and
a solid compensation package complete with competitive salary,
generous PTO, insurances - health/vision/dental/life.This
position functions within the roles of educator, facilitator,
change agent/leader, consultant, and quality & compliance. The
Nurse Educator is responsible for assessment, planning,
development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs
that enhance performance, promote professional development or
otherwise support the mission and vision of the TIP
Program.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The
Nurse Educator responsibilities are comprised of four primary
- Clinical expertise, leadership, management, communication
skills and knowledge of education theory and principles.
- Experience with teaching techniques that promote critical
thinking and evidence-based practice incorporating principles of
adult learning theory.
- Conduct, lead, and monitor classroom and/or clinical
instruction using pertinent course material.
- Plans and conducts orientation for new personnel that mirrors
- Plans orientation and Mandatory in-service for nursing
- Facilitates team building within the Behavioral Health
- Incorporates evidence into all staff development and clinical
- Active participant in research,EBPand/or performance
Quality and Compliance
- Conducts, collects, and reports data for the quality
- Prepares the survey process for The Joint Commission and
ensures readiness for all corporate, local and federal audits and
surveys while ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and revises policies and procedures then updates as
- Monitors incident reporting internally and externally to
- Educates staff with regards to quality, risk management, and
regulatory compliance issues.
- Meets with Program Staff to ensure a systematic approach to
identifying, prioritizing, and assessing appropriate quality
activities and interventions.
- Provides Hands-On leadership in order to engage staff in
- Participates in maintaining records of mandatory in-services
for all staff members; this includes Infection Control, Fire and
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 - 4 years of professional
nursing experience, preferably in an Inpatient psychiatric setting.
Previous experience in management and leadership, with knowledge of
data management, analysis and staff development. Must be
knowledgeable about psychotropic medications.
Must be flexible to adjust to the needs of a fast paced
environment, demonstrate effective problem solving skills, and
display proficient oral/written communication skills. Previous
adult behavioral health experience is strongly preferred.
Candidates must have active Colorado RN license or be eligible for
endorsement. Must have Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent
Keywords: Diamond Healthcare Corp., Snowmass , Nurse Educator - Behavioral Health, Other , montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!