Cook (PRN) - Float Team
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Come join our awesome team as a Cook on the Colorado Float Team.
The Colorado Float Team is part of Volunteers of America National
Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of
the Volunteers of America parent organization. PRN Cook Job
- $17.60-20.63/hour - depending on experience
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Scheduling
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership
programs;About the job: The primary purpose of the Cook is to
provide quality food service in accordance with all State and
Federal regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual
needs of the residents in our senior living facilities. One (1)
year of experience is required - you must be willing to work at any
VOA facility as needed. Required Qualifications: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of one year food service experience in a healthcare
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in
keeping work record, monitoring inventory control and supplies, and
in recipe preparation.
- Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous
physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
- Possesses coordination and dexterity required to prepare food
and operate dietary equipment.
- Able to understand and follow procedures, recipe directions,
diet orders and work assignments.
- Visual acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and
stored foods; taste and smell discrimination in determining
nutritional quality and palatability of foods.
- Works in an area that is often very hot/cold.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be willing to work in a facility that is following
infection control precautions and regular testing for COVID-19; the
vaccination is required due to company policy and state healthcare
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.Preferred
- High School diploma/GED. Education in quantity cooking and
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels
of staff, residents, family members and the public.
- Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.Essentials:
- Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and
cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various
dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of
Dietary and Management Team.
- Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to
meet meal schedule.
- Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and
vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings
according to portion control standards.
- Prepares nutritional snacks for residents as assigned.
- Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality.
- Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food
preparation and service to ensure that established temperature
goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained
throughout meal service.
- Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in
accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
- Supervises dietary staff in the absence of the Director of
Dietary and Assistant Director of Dietary; initiate replacement
calls for absentees and re-organizes work assignments as
- Assists with department inventory program.
- Implements menu substitutions if needed according to State and
- Cleans equipment and work areas as assigned by the Director of
Dietary.About the Colorado Float Team: The Volunteers of America
National Services Colorado Float Team is a team of experienced
professionals that assist in the facilities that we serve, such as
the Senior Community Care Program for All-Inclusive Care for the
Elderly (PACE), Horizons Health Care Center, Valley Manor Care
Center, the Homestead at Montrose, and Home Health of Western
Colorado. As a PRN employee, you will enjoy ultimate flexibility
and work as little as 4 shifts per month or full-time hours, it is
YOUR choice. One (1) year of experience is required - you must be
willing to work at any VOA facility that has a need. Love to
travel? Interim assignments to facilities in other states may be
available! To travel, you must have a multi-state nursing license
and/or the ability to obtain a state license in the state of the
assignment. Our 2022 Great Place to Work survey results found that
87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not
"just a job". Take pride in helping others, and join us today! At
VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age,
physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, military and veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that
blending individual strengths and unique personal differences
nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our
mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where
everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , Cook (PRN) - Float Team, Hospitality & Tourism , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!