Company: Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Salary RangeUSD $18.00/Hr. - Overview
The Produce Assistant is responsible for assisting the Produce
Manager in the successful operation and profitability of the
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and
adhering to all policies.
- Creating an inviting, full and shopable produce
- Assisting the produce department manager in ordering for the
department and maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Assisting the department manager in managing margin, COGs and
overall department profitability including minimizing shrink and
maximizing effective purchasing.
- Setting and maintaining the department on a daily basis
including ensuring that the produce rack is consistently fresh,
full and abundant throughout the day.
- Culling, crisping, rotating and properly handling/storing
- Ensuring only certified organic produce is ordered and
- Ensuring all in-stock products/conditions meet company
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are cleaned in accordance
with health department and company standards.
- Receiving all incoming produce orders per company
- Offering and following up on special orders.
- Assisting in training and monitoring department personnel.
- Conducting active and passive demos.
- Working with the department manager to address performance
issues within the department.
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering,
managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and
covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled
- Maintaining the safety and security of customers and
- Answering customer questions per company standards and
policies, including the use of Structure/Function statements and/or
statements of nutritional support.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Utilizing email and IS programs as needed.
- Completing DSR and the closing cash processes may be required
absence of any other qualified employee.
- Working a schedule based on store needs which includes
evenings, weekends, holidays. Position requires working five days,
40 hours per week and attending mandatory store meetings.
- This position has limited Manager on Duty functions but is
never intended to be the overall Manager on Duty for the store.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all
employees are expected to be "hands on" and do whatever it takes to
get the job done and make the company thrive.
Recipe for Success:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in grocery, retail or produce environment
preferred; natural foods background is a plus.
- 1 year of experience supervising others preferred.
- Ability to pass food safety training courses and/or
certifications as required by law and maintain compliance by
keeping certifications up to date and registered if
- Ability to manage changing priorities and to stay focused with
the task at hand.
- Possess a sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained and able to count currency.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not
guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of
responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change
with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any
and all tasks as assigned by the Store Manager and/or other
corporate managers that may not be listed in this job
Here's an overview of the benefits we offer our good4u Crew to help
ensure the health and wellbeing of you and your family, now and
well into the future:
All Crew Members
- Birthday Bonus Pay
- Vitamin Bucks (up to $2,080 earned as store credit
- Holiday Pay for 5 Holidays - Stores Closed
- Paid Time Off (sick days and vacation) that Increases with
- Paid Nutrition Education
- good4u Crew Member Discount
- N power Program (customer appreciation and rewards
- Regular, Scheduled Pay Increases
- Advancement Opportunities and Career Development
- Health and Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
Full-Time Crew Members (30+ hours/week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Medical Leave (through company paid short-term disability
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits Including Hospital Indemnity, Accident
Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Term Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with discretionary Company
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Match Diversity
At the heart of Natural Grocers' commitment to our community and
crew is this belief: All people should be empowered to experience
health and wellbeing! We cannot be true to this conviction without
honoring diversity and cultivating inclusion throughout every
aspect of our organization.
At Natural Grocers, we honor our differences, embrace diversity,
and cultivate inclusion because both individual and societal health
are rooted in these principles. Our Crew is diverse not only in
gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, abilities,
and age but also in cultural backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas.
Celebrating our diversity refreshes, expands, and shapes our
perspective, energizing our mission of equitable access to health
and wellness for all. We welcome everyone who would like to join us
in this mission, with gratitude for the unique life experience each
person brings to the table. We're committed to nurturing an
ecosystem of diversity and inclusion in which our Crew can continue
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Physical Capabilities and Environmental Demands:
N = Never
O = Occasional; 1-33% of time
F = Frequent; 34-66% of time
C = Constant; 67-100% of time
- Must have the ability to constantly lift or carry up 10 lbs.,
frequently lift or carry 11-20 lbs., and occasionally lift or carry
- Must have the ability to frequently push or pull up to 15 lbs.
and occasionally push or pull 16-100 lbs.
- Requires the use of both arms and both hands with full range of
- Must be able to occasionally use the computer for data entry
and use of mouse.
- Must be able to constantly walk, stand, use fine motor
manipulations, grip, bend, twist, turn, and reach outward for the
duration of the work shift.
- Must be able to frequently to reach above chest.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, squat, kneel, and climb as
- Must be able to frequently work with sharp tools and equipment,
dust, fumes, and congested worksite.
- Must be able to occasionally work with noise, cold, heat, wet,
humid, outside, heights, and contact stress.
Keywords: Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Snowmass , Produce Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!