Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Come join our awesome team as a Physical Therapist at Home
Health of Western Colorado. Recruitment bonus available! Up to
$4,000 - to be paid out quarterly over the next 24 months. Home
Health of Western Colorado is -part of Volunteers of America
National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare
affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Physical Therapy Assistant Job Highlights:
- $49.00 - $52.50/hour - depending on experience
- Generous "refer a friend" bonus, up to $5,000
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, or
- Pay in lieu of benefits;
- Paid Time Off & Holidays. Required Qualifications: -To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the
American Physical Therapy Association and is currently licensed as
a Physical Therapist in the state of Colorado.
- Able to understand medical terminology and how it applies to
physical therapy, to communicate with clients, staff, physicians,
and to prepare meaningful reports.
- Spatial and form perception are necessary to visualize
anatomical structure of the disabled part of the body and the
relation to therapeutic devices in remedial actions.
- Coordination and dexterity are necessary when treating clients
and handling therapeutic equipment.
- Ability to communicate with clients to establish favorable
attitude and to motivate the clients to desired cooperation and
effort in his/her rehabilitation development.
- Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the physical
demands involved in moving clients and equipment into position for
treatment and in manipulating equipment and clients.
- Minimum of one-year experience working with a frail or elderly
- Be compliant with the ethics and standards of practice as
adopted by the American Physical Therapy association.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Willingness to follow infection control precautions and regular
screening for COVID-19; the vaccination is required per company
policy and state healthcare regulations.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test. Preferred
- Minimum of one year experience as a physical therapist in a
skilled nursing facility.
- Interested in geriatric rehabilitation. Essentials:
- Provides clinical physical therapy evaluation and treatment for
program participants, on acute, restorative or maintenance levels
as needed by Day Center, Nursing Home or in-home setting.
- Perform and record, as specified by the planned treatment
program, non-evaluative on-going data.
- Assists in the ordering, inventory, distribution and
maintenance of durable medical equipment for participants. About
Home Health of Western Colorado: At Home Health of Western
Colorado, our aim is to find friendly and compassionate staff who
are specially trained to care for patients' needs as individuals,
respect their privacy, and help clients maintain as much
independence as possible. While providing at-home care to our
patients, we want our staff to feel cared for and love their work
while maintaining a work-life balance, so offering employees
paid-time off benefits is a part of our comprehensive benefits
package. Our diverse, and involved staff members are supported by
the commitment to maintain relationships of functional trust with
every team member, to always practice solutions-focused problem
solving, and to continually affirm each team member's contribution
to the quality of our work. Come join a diverse, involved, and
compassionate team and see how we earned our Great Place to Work
certification for 4 years running. Our 2022 Great Place to Work
survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a
special meaning: this is not "just a job". Take pride in helping
others, and join us today!
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...