Company: Emonics, LLC
Posted on: March 10, 2023
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) you are responsible for staff
assignment and provide overall supervision of resident care in
accordance with established policies and procedures and as may be
directed by the RN Supervisor, Director of Nurses or Administrator,
to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be
maintained at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or an approved
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program with a current Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in the state in which
- Possess leadership ability and the willingness to work with and
supervise professional and nonprofessional personnel. Ability to
Read, write and speak the English language.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES CLINICAL:
- Complete all Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) required record
keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, discharge,
transfer, etc. File in the resident's chart and/or forward to the
- Prepare/administer medications as ordered by the
- Admit, transfer and discharge resident. Assist in arranging
transportation and packing as necessary.
- Administer professional services such as: catheterization, tube
feeding, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs,
colostomy and drainage bags, taking blood, sputum, and urine
specimens, care of the dead/dying, etc., as established by the
facility's policies and procedures.
- As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) you will work with the
facility's consultants as necessary and implement recommended
changes as directed by the RN Supervisor of the Director of
- Investigate complaints and grievances and make necessary
oral/written reports to the RN Supervisor or Director of Nurses.
Give/receive nursing reports upon reporting in and ending shift
- Check all residents daily to assure that prescribed treatment
is being properly administered by nursing personnel/assistants and
to evaluate their physical and emotional status.
- Keep the RN Supervisor informed about the status of residents,
staff and related matters.
- Presents professional image to consumers through dress,
behavior, and speech. Adheres to Company standards for resolving
- Ensures that all consumer/resident rights are protected.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, OSHA Rules and Regulations, environmental and infection
- Obtains, monitors, and records vital signs, patient history,
and invasive procedures, ensuring accuracy and proper documentation
in the patient's Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Fields patient phone calls promptly and in a professional
- Assists providers and other clinical staff with examinations,
procedures, and other processes related to direct patient
- Prepares patient for scheduled procedures.
- Performs venipunctures, administers injections, and initiates
intravenous therapy. Monitors medical condition of patient and
report change to appropriate provider. Maintains patient
documentation and communicates plan of care with provider.
- Arranges for provider ordered diagnostics or therapeutic
- Ensures cleanliness, adequate stock of supplies and functioning
equipment in examination rooms. Replaces supplies depleted on a
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment and tools.
- Completes shift opening and closing.
- Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed
Practical Nurse CPR certification.
- Computer and typing proficiency.
- Ability to effectively organize resources, establish priorities
and perform multiple tasks. Professionalism and ability to be
discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Displays strong verbal/written communication and organization
Keywords: Emonics, LLC, Snowmass , LPN/242415, Healthcare , Montrose, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...