Behavioral Health Coordinator
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
The Behavioral Health Coordinator provides psychosocial support,
including clinical assessment/counseling and concrete services, to
patients/caregivers of Aspen Valley Hospital
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Services include advising family care givers, providing patient
education and counseling, and making referrals for other services.
May also provide care and case management or interventions designed
to promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access
- Consults with the case management team to assist with
transitions of care for patients with significant psychosocial
needs. Provide end-of-life care discussion, to include Advanced
Directives, when appropriate.
- Provides clinical assessment and counseling for Aspen Valley
Hospital inpatients and outpatients as needed/requested.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing staff, families, and
other disciplines to develop a plan of care to address identified
- Serves as member of the transitions of care team on a
consulting basis to assist with patients with complex psychosocial
- Maintains an accurate and complete record of all communications
and work generated.
- Assists patients and families with the social precipitants,
impacts of illness and disability, and easing transition from the
hospital to other levels of care by utilizing a spectrum of support
services. Provide continuity in care plans via smooth and effective
linkages with needed community resources for both inpatients and
- Assists with the gathering, analysis and dissemination of
information pertaining to the prevention, assessment and treatment
of disease, and the maintenance of health, from a psychosocial
- Assistance with short and long term disability
- Provide assessment, therapeutic intervention and referrals for
any person confronting a mental health crisis.
- Facilitates support groups as needed.
- Provides behavioral health and coping mechanism education to
staff, patients and families as needed/requested
- Provides education to other health care professionals in the
social and emotional aspects of illness. Coordinates alliances with
other hospital professionals in the provision of health education
services to patients.
- Coordinates and makes referrals to community resources which
meet patient's needs.
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and coworker expectations.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous,
and responsive employee
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a social work or behavioral
health counseling role preferred in the healthcare environment (at
least 1 year in a hospital setting required).
- MSW required.
- Current Colorado Social Work License required (LCSW preferred,
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $35.65 - $46.38/hr.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Behavioral Health Coordinator, Healthcare , Basalt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!