Clinic Coordinator I
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Location: Glenwood Springs
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH requires the initial series of COVID-19 Vaccinations for all
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and
Registers outpatient clinic visits. Obtain insurance card and input
information into Electronic Medical Records. Coordinates issues as
appropriate with Clinic Director. Answers phone and assists with
the daily operations of the units/clinics. This function maintains
confidentiality with patients, staff and guests. As a Registrar
working in a clinic location, they are responsible for complete and
accurate registrations, including the proper completion of required
consent for treatment and payer compliance forms and the
copying/scanning of patient insurance cards. The Registrar
practices exceptional customer service and professionalism,
performs data entry as assigned. Additionally, the Registrar will
collect payments at time of service as instructed, and ensures
accurate posting. The Registrar's daily responsibilities are
directed by the Clinic Supervisor in cooperation with the OP Clinic
Director. Monitors lobby activities and alerts the Clinic
Supervisor, Physician, or Nursing Staff when triage is needed or
when the lobby is full. Responsible for reconciliation of petty
cash and balancing at the end of the day. Ensures the clinic is
closed, locked and alarm set at the end of the day. Responsible for
scanning patient records to Medical records department on a daily
basis. Ensures that all parties have appropriate forms and makes
copies as appropriate to ensure clinic flow. Schedules first-time
and follow-up visits with patients.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Obtain insurance and demographic information, completing and
documenting ABNs as appropriate.
- Performs accurate registration using thorough interview
technique to ensure that information is complete and accurate.
Ensures that all compliance requirements have been met, and the
registration is properly created and/or updated for anticipated
- Schedule patient clinic visits and AVH based diagnostic
tests/procedures, ordered by the provider, according to established
protocols. Communicate with ancillary departments, as needed.
Provide pertinent pre and post-test/procedure information to the
patient in a timely manner
- Exercises the most desirable customer service demeanor and
professionalism in all communication, duties and attire while
interacting with patients, physicians, staff and visitors.
- Is thoroughly versed in Hospital and applicable HIPAA
regulations and is especially sensitive to, and mindful of, patient
confidentiality in all scenarios. Conforms to all regulations
- Performs cash collections at time of service, consistent with
financial counseling procedures, the hospital's Credit and
Collection Policy and Guidelines and other financial directives.
Utilizes software for payment and receipt on all applicable
encounters. Handles money competently and securely, properly
balances received payments and returned change, and balances and
reconciles cash drawer daily.
- Serves as a receptionist for the waiting area. Communicates and
coordinates information in a knowledgeable and courteous manner
with staff, patients, and families. Assists with keeping family
members updated regarding patient's procedure/visit.
- Answers telephone calls promptly and responds to requests and
messages in a timely manner. Takes accurate messages,
relays/forwards messages to appropriate personnel, and refers
callers to appropriate personnel as needed. Perform reminder calls
to patients as required.
- Utilizes paging system as needed/directed.
- Assist with discharging patients from the Clinic, with
coordinating follow-up appointments, pre-authorization and
scheduling of surgeries and procedures as needed. Inform patients
about their next steps and assist with any questions.
- Accurately prepares and maintains patient charts including
scanning of medical records and results of tests/procedure done by
non AVH sites into electronic medical record, as needed.
- Prioritizes work load.
- Participates and contributes in Department meetings
- Adheres to all accepted patient safety standards
- Follows all security, confidentiality, privacy policies as well
as all industry specific rules and regulations.
- Maintain flexibility for reassignment to a variety of
Outpatient Clinics as assigned by leadership.
- Other duties as assigned/requested.
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to
excessive noise, dust and temperature
- May be exposed to communicable diseases through normal or
careless performance of responsibilities
- May be exposed to mechanical dangers associated with mechanical
- May be exposed to stressful situations
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Strong interpersonal & customer service skills required
- PC Computer proficiency required
- Specifically, Microsoft Office suite
- Medical terminology preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Spanish preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $20.88 - $27.14/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Clinic Coordinator I, Healthcare , Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!