Physician - Family Practice or Internal Medicine
Company: Prairie Band, LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Join a professional team at the Ute Mountain Indian Health Service
Unit. Locum with full benefits package Assignment to start now
period of placement through 2023. Physician - To provide a full
range of Medical services including evaluation, diagnosis,
consultation & referral, specialty referrals for outpatients of all
- Serve on the Patient Centered Medical Home team.
- Will make referral recommendations to the Clinical Director as
required ensuring appropriate specialty care, follow-up, continuity
of care and ensuring appropriated forms are completed.
- Will participate in treatment planning on a program basis and
for individual patients.
- Shall be a credentialed member of the Taos-Picuris Service Unit
Medical Staff, and therefore, must abide by Medical Staff
- Shall be required to confer with clinical and administrative
staff on a regular basis assuring timely and adequate communication
of findings or concerns for appropriate and quality care.
- Shall regularly record patient contacts in the appropriate
medical record as outlined by Bylaws.
- Will enter consults/referrals for other services such as;
Contract Health, Behavioral Health, Social Services, Optometry,
Audiology, Dietary and Public Health Nursing where
- Changes in availability shall be provided in writing to the
- Will work with outside facilities and their staff on cases
requiring decisive immediate care and possible ambulance
- Shall provide patient management for appropriate follow-up and
care either at a scheduled clinic, walk-ins or for a contract
- Shall participate in Quality Assurance activities and Safety
and Infection Control trainings or updates as assigned by the
- Required to document of all patient contacts using the
electronic health record (EHR) system on the date of service.
- Required to respond to Notifications of incomplete chart within
24 hours of receipt.
- Required to complete electronic health record entries in
compliance with the quality management standards for the Taos
Picuris Service Unit. Prairie Band Health Services is subject to
Title 22: Employment Code of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation. In
accordance with Title 22, this position is designated as a TIER 1
position. Preference will be given to individuals to the extent
required pursuant to Section 22-2-4(B). To be considered for
employment with Indian Preference, documentation is required to be
provided at time of application. Requirements:
- Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license
or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of
Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the
- Required to possess a Medical School (MD or DO); Internship;
ACGME approved residency program.
- Required to have 3 years of experience in diagnosis and
treatment of a broad range of adult and pediatric conditions.
- Must be Board Certified in Family Practice or Internal
- Basic Life Support or Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Keywords: Prairie Band, LLC, Snowmass , Physician - Family Practice or Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Towaoc, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!