Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital . Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective
means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and
to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to
better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires
COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff. This Position Offers: Highly
competitive pay, 36 hours per week, comprehensive benefits package
(including generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30
days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much
more. Job Overview: Under general supervision of the Manager and
Chief Technologist, this position is responsible for providing
Nuclear Medicine Images of technical detail, requiring independent
judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in producing quality nuclear
medical exams, and providing clerical services to the diagnostic
imaging department Primary Scope of Responsibilities: * Adheres
reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
* Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with respect
to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
* Always ensures accurate documentation including completion of all
required forms, sign, date, time and legibility of all
documentation. Scan all documents as needed/required.
* Delivers, documents and oversees patient care in accordance with
AVH policy, procedure, protocol and TJC or CMS standard
interpretation. Demonstrates ability to prioritize all aspects of
patient safety and National Patient Safety Goal requirements.
* Maintains complete clinical competence for all patient care
delivered in the patient care setting and for all specific
radiology technician modalities assigned. Maintains appropriate
education and certification requirements for role and radiology
* Implements correct charging procedures and monitors daily for
accurate charging in the department. Participates in charge master
changes, corrections, updates or additions.
* Participates in departmental and organizational education as
requested/required. Assists with new staff orientation and
* Oversees the appropriate use and maintenance of Radiologic
equipment, and assures appropriate function, patient safety, and
* Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
* Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect pre/during/post
* Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards
* Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient
safety standards of practice
* Properly identifies patients using two patient identifiers.
* Reports any patient care concerns to RN or MD or initiates rapid
response team as appropriate.
* Follows all security, confidentiality, and privacy policies
* Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities
within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
* Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department
specific continuing education that improves patient care or
* Active participant in quality improvement processes
* Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed
and apply relevant findings to practice
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making
* Participates and contributes to department meetings and
* Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition; fully
stocks area as needed.
* Inspects sterile packages and eliminates damaged or out dated
* QA on equipment and images
* Maintains all Nuclear Medicine QA/QC and State required
* Maintains all Radiation Safety/Protection programs
* Obtains a minimum of 15 accredited education hours every 3
* Maintains radioactive administration records
* Maintains appropriate monitors for proper and accurate equipment
operations Minimum Qualifications & Requirements: * Strong
interpersonal skills required
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
* Maintain current BLS Certification
* AART or CNMT Certification required
* Associates or Bachelor's degree in an accredited program
* Required American Heart Association Certifications: * BLS
Benefits & Compensation: Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the
relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our
talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct
experience will be considered. PRN pay range for new hires: $37.71
- $49.06/hr PRN Benefits: As an employee you will be eligible to
purchase discounted bus passes for transportation to and from work,
discounted ski pass options, 457B, and also participate in a number
of AVH hosted programs including cell phone discounts or computer
software which can be viewed here .
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Healthcare , Basalt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!