Veterinary Technician (Regional Traveling) - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Vail Valley Animal Hospital
Posted on: November 22, 2021
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Pathway Vet Alliance is looking for a skilled Veterinary Technician
to join their travel team in Colorado!
Job Summary:The Regional Traveling Technician will travel between
hospital locations to help support hospital teams with needs. This
position will support our Western Slope and High Rockies hospitals.
They will assist the veterinarians and technical staff based on the
individual needs of the practice. The key responsibilities vary
with the current needs of the hospital teams.
- Receive, handle and treat patients with skill, compassion, and
care including accurately performing laboratory tests.
- Ability to clean and sanitize the hospital, treatment rooms,
and public areas, and any other areas as assigned to ensure a safe,
sanitary environment for the patients.
- Accurately dispense and administer medications under the
supervision of a doctor.
- Accurately and timely input data into a computer software
- Ability to observe the animal's appearance and activity for
general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease, and
- Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions in
order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Strong communication and client service skills. Considerable
tact and diplomacy are required. Ability to work with clients and
patients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions
support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice
- Perform general physical activities that require bending,
standing, stooping, moving from room to room, sit, talk, and
listen; may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Frequently lift, carry and handle dogs weighing up to 50
- Follow OSHA regulations.
- Travel is required for this position, all travel costs will be
covered by Pathway Vet Alliance.Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and
scheduling patients, ordering medical supplies, and requesting
- Knowledge of the use, care, and storage of veterinary
instruments, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques to sterilize various
instruments and materials.
- Knowledge of the instruments, materials, and standardized
procedures used in the full variety of treatments to make
preparations and provide "tableside" assistance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and
personal services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of client
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to
accept direction on given assignments.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and a desire for continuous
learningPreferred Education and Experience:
- 2 years of veterinary clinic experience- strong veterinary
technician skill set required
- CVT/LVT/RVT Preferred
- Prior leadership experience is a plus
This position offers $27-32 per hour. Additionally, we offer an
incredible benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, &
life insurance, paid parental leave, matching 401(k), paid time
off, generous pet benefits, and more!
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Apply
Keywords: Vail Valley Animal Hospital, Snowmass , Veterinary Technician (Regional Traveling) - $5,000 Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Gypsum, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!