Registered Nurse - Inpatient Unit - Full Time Night - $10,000 Sign On Bonus!
Company: Lower Valley Hospital Association
Posted on: November 14, 2021
You belong here! At Family Health West, you're more than an
employee, you're family.When you enter our facility, you know it's
Family Health West because, well, the color speaks for itself.
You'll be part of a team that strives to bring color to care in a
vibrant environment by creating fun, effective treatment programs
helping to empower and inspire our patients while providing the
tools and care they need to achieve their wellness goals.When we
say you'll do what you love, we mean it! Welcomed by open arms and
warm smiles, you'll join a team that encourages professional
growth. We are sure to put on our listening ears when you share new
ideas and approaches to care because that's what got us to the top!
You'll wear your badge proudly, knowing that you contribute each
day, to providing care that is unmatched, in western Colorado.So,
what are you waiting for?! Fill out the application now, and when
you hit send do a little happy dance knowing that you just made our
day. If it still sounds too good to be true, come see for yourself.
Call us to schedule a tour and meet your new best friends!About
Family Health WestOur roots go deep - founded by the community in
1946, it's no wonder our hospital feels like coming home. We were
built from the ground up with the hands of our own community, a
labor of dedication and hope by our people, for our people, for the
future.At Family Health West we go beyond what corporate hospitals
deliver, we've created a culture of prosperity where warmth,
passion, and care flourishes. As we focus on continually improving
outcomes for patients, our network of healthcare providers includes
a 25-bed critical access hospital, one of the largest rehab
providers in western Colorado, outpatient surgical services,
specialty clinics, emergency services, skilled nursing, and
assisted living facilities.Nestled at the base of the Colorado
National Monument, Family Health West has an outdoor paradise at
your back door. The community culture is fitting for outdoor
lovers, bikers, hikers, or those just simply soaking in the
panoramic views.New Grads Encouraged to Apply!
- May act as Charge Nurse over less experienced employees.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Prepares and administers (orally and subcutaneously, IV) and
records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to
medication or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding
the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Educates patients on surgical procedures
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs
(including heart rate; oxygen; blood pressure)
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients;
interprets and records electronic displays
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients
including pre/post-surgery patients
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their
illness/injury, by explaining; post-treatment home care needs
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and
treatment of patient
- Responds to life-saving situations based on upon nursing
standards and protocol
- Participates in discharge planning
- Utilizes time management skills
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and
completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on
the appropriate forms.
- All incidents, events, irregular occurrences, and variances
must be identified and reported according to the particular health
care facility's policies and procedures. The purpose of this
reporting is to give the health care facility and the health care
professionals the opportunity to address the issue and prevent the
occurrence of future incidents, events, irregular occurrences, and
variances. The data collected on these reports is analyzed, tracked
and trended over time in a blame free environment that is
consistent with the health care facility's culture of safety.
- Nurses must immediately report all client care issue, concern
or problem to the supervising nurse, the charge nurse and/or the
performance improvement or risk management department according to
the reporting policies and procedures of the particular facility.
- Generally speaking, all incidents, accidents, adverse events,
irregular occurrence and variances require the completion of a
written report that will be sent to the risk management and/or
performance improvement department as per the specific facility's
established policies and procedures.
- 19. Simply stated, incidents, accidents and events that must be
reported and documented include occurrences that are not expected,
not normal, irregular and potentially or actually harmful to the
patient, staff, visitors and others.
- Acts in a professional manner and complies with Nursing
standards of care.
- Obtains and documents physical and neurologic assessments of
hospital and/or emergency department patients.
- Initiates proper emergency care, as indicated.
- Monitors and notifies the physician of significant changes in
patient condition during hospital or emergency department visits.
- Receives, carries out, and documents physician's orders in a
timely and appropriate manner.
- Assists physician with medical procedures as required.
- Safely and correctly performs all procedures within scope of
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication dosages, routes, and
mechanism of action through careful administration of medications
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Reorders and stocks supplies and medications as needed.
- Teaches and maintains standard / special precautions, to
patients, families, and other caregivers as indicated.
- Identifies patient needs, participates in formal weekly care
plan reviews, initiates care planning and implements plan of care
in conjunction with other disciplines.
- Directs and assists with patient mobility, hygiene, and ADL's.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and
communication actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Assures that all records required for admission, i.e.:
consents, 2-day discharge notices, etc. are completed.
- Completes accurate documentation of assessments, observations,
situations and events.Wage Range: $28.00 - $40.50Immunizations
required for employment, including COVID-19.RN: $10,000 Sign-On and
Retention Bonus; Three year agreement.$3,000 with first
paycheck$2,000 at year 1$2,000 at year 2$3,000 at year 3FHW offers
a full benefits package including:FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:Employee
Assistance Program403 (B) with 4% match from FHW and zero day
vesting scheduleFOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES WORKING AT LEAST 30 HOURS A
WEEKMedical Plan Options:
- PPO plan with copay/coinsurance and lower deductible
- High Deductible Health Plan with the option for a Health
- Telemedicine includes in both plan options.DentalVisionLife
Insurance/ Accidental Death and Dismemberment InsuranceDisability
Insurance with a Short and Long Term Option.Critical Illness and
Accident PlansCafeteria Options: Health Reimbursement/ Flex Savings
/ Dependent ChildcareA host of other options to include: Pet
Insurance, Identity Protection, Travel protection,
- - Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an Accredited Nursing
School - Unrestricted Colorado RN License - Clinical skills,
bedside manner, infection control, Nursing skills, physiological
knowledge, administering medications, medical team work,
multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion
and maintenance - BLS upon hire, ACLS within 6 months of
- Bachelors or better in Nursing or related fieldLicenses &
- License - RN
- Cert - BLSPreferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt
Keywords: Lower Valley Hospital Association, Snowmass , Registered Nurse - Inpatient Unit - Full Time Night - $10,000 Sign On Bonus!, Healthcare , Fruita, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!