Clinical Support Supervisor
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: April 3, 2021
3/31/2021: This position is ONLY open to INTERNAL CANDIDATES
(current employees of Aspen Valley Hospital). External candidates,
please do not apply. Thank you.
The Rehab Services Clinical Support Supervisor provides operational
support to the Director of Rehabilitation Services, is a care
coordinator, change agent and advocate for the practice of
Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Language
Pathology. This position provides professional care in accordance
with known/accepted standards of practice, AVH policy and sets the
example for staff to follow. This position identifies expected
patient outcomes and interventions to achieve those outcomes,
working in collaboration with rehab service department employees,
other AVH departments, and patients including patient care
advocates and/or family members.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
* Provides input to the Director on staff Growth and Development
Plans; assists with policy and procedure development/review and/or
revision; assists with budget preparation; assists with
productivity and documentation review; creates purchase and
requisitions as requested by the Director; assists with scheduling
and time card review; assists with and facilitates with day to day
operations and patient flow; and assists with data collection and
analysis, charge review and quality improvement activities in the
* Partners with the Director to elevate the clinical expertise and
practice of the rehab staff by promoting efficient and effective
clinical practice patterns, and critical thinking skills of the
* Creates, Implements, and Maintains rehab staff education to
provide formal and informal education and serves as a mentor for
* Responsible for care outcomes of patients through facilitating,
coordinating and overseeing the care provided by the rehab services
team in all areas and locations, utilizing evidence-based practice
(EBP). Communicates and collaborates with other members of the
* Able to provide rehabilitation care in other areas of the
hospital as required based on individual skills and needs of the
* When appropriate, collaborates with medical staff regarding the
patient's plan of care by taking an active role in patient care,
rounds in other clinical departments to facilitate problem solving,
and initiates huddles.
* Educates staff through mentoring, coaching and clinical
* Assists the staff to provide individualized patient and family
education consistent with patient's learning style, readiness to
learn and self-care needs
* Evaluates the effectiveness of patient learning and assists the
staff with changing methodology, as needed.
* Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards
* Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient
safety standards of practice. Serves in advocacy role; encouraging
active involvement of patient and family in care.
* Participates as a clinical leader in committees such as clinical
quality and patient safety or other relevant committees.
* Participates in data collection and analysis and charge review.
Utilizes the PDSA approach to process improvement in the
organization. Acts as a role model for performance improvement.
* Acts as the professional leader in role awareness, and practices
within scope, professional expectations and continuous learning in
specific discipline practices.
* Takes initiative for professional goals, role development and
diversity of responsibilities within rehab services with guidance;
consistent with hospital mission and strategic plan.
* Able to express rehab service values around patient/family
centered care with assistance as needed/appropriate
* Acts as an educator to others using appropriate teaching
principles and strategies, as well as current information,
materials and technologies.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making.
* Contributes to planning unit meetings and activities and actively
participates in departmental meetings.
* Assists other clinical staff to solve problems within the
department and off-site locations.
* Responsible for assisting in identifying learning needs and
communication to all staff.
* Assists in maintaining positive employee relations, and safe and
efficient care while remaining budget focused. Demonstrates a
commitment to a healthy work environment focused on professionalism
and excellence. Works collaboratively with other therapists to
identify areas of improvement within the department.
* Completion of all competencies within department and hospital.
Assists with development of department competencies based on yearly
* Fully competent in role as therapist for all locations and
departments; performs evaluations and assessments; establishes
goals and incorporates changes accordingly.
* Understanding of DME certification regulations and support
changes required to maintain certification.
* Assists with onboarding and education process of new
* Along with Director of Rehab, is responsible for the daily
supervision of the Rehab Services staff.
* May assume periodic responsibility of the department in absence
of the Director, as assigned
Population Specific Criteria:
* Ensures developmentally appropriate care for infants, toddlers,
children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients.
* 5 years of discipline specific (PT, OT, SLP) experience
* Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills required
* Ability to work independently
* Proficiency in Microsoft word and excel preferred
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
* Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and dependability
* Graduation from accredited PT, OT, SLP program with a Bachelor's,
Master's or Doctorate degree required
* Current Colorado license required
* Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust and temperature
* May be exposed to communicable diseases through normal or
careless performance of responsibilities
* May be exposed to mechanical dangers associated with mechanical
* May be exposed to stressful situations
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Clinical Support Supervisor, Healthcare , Basalt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!