Director of Nursing
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Come join our awesome team as a Director of Nursing at Horizons
Care Center. Recruitment bonus available! Up to $15,000 for new to
the organization employees, to be paid out annually over the next
three years. Horizons Care Center is -part of Volunteers of America
National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare
affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Director of Nursing (DON) Job Highlights:
- New Wages! Salaried exempt - $88,000 - $94,000 - depending on
- Generous "refer a friend" bonus, up to $4,000
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, or
- Pay in lieu of benefits;
- Vacation/Sick Days & Holidays. Required Qualifications: -To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Registered Nurse with minimum of two (2) years experience in
nursing supervisory or nursing management in a long-term care
setting or equivalent, in the State of Colorado.
- Demonstrates knowledge of long-term care, gerontology,
rehabilitative, and medical-surgical nursing care, Antibiotic
Stewardship, Infection Prevention and Infection Control.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements for
- Understanding of current Infection Prevention and Control and
- Knowledge of QAA/QAPI theory and process.
- Ability to pass the background and drug test.
- Be willing to work in an environment that is following
infection control precautions and regular testing for COVID-19;
Vaccination for COVID-19 is required, due to VOA policies and state
healthcare regulations. Essentials:
- Partner with the Executive Director and IDT members
- Instructs staff on various federal, state and facility's
regulations, policies and procedures; monitors compliance.
- Accepts responsibility for the facility in the absence of the
Campus Executive Director.
- Schedules, directs and records regular department
- Participates in the preparation of the operating and capital
budget for the Nursing Department.
- Monitors department expenditures to budget.
- Oversees and directs day-to-day functions of the nursing
- Review resident care plans
- Serve on various quality control committees
- Staff development
- Resolve resident and family concerns About Horizons Health Care
Center: Situated at the base of the scenic Grand Mesa in Eckert,
CO, Horizons Health Care Center offers staff the opportunity to
connect with a tight community while surrounded by breathtaking
scenery. We help to foster a work-life balance by offering
employees paid-time off benefits as part of our comprehensive
benefits package. Our diverse and involved staff members are
supported by the commitment to maintain relationships of functional
trust with every team member, to always practice solutions-focused
problem solving, and to continually affirm each team member's
contribution to the quality of our work. Come join a diverse,
involved, and compassionate team and see how we earned our Great
Place to Work certification for 4 years running. Our 2022 Great
Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their
work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job". Take pride in
helping others, and join us today!
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Snowmass , Director of Nursing, Executive , Eckert, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...