Posted on: September 24, 2022
Reports to: Service Manager
Overview: Performs maintenance and repair activities on gas
compression and/or process equipment at customer's location, as
- Maintains a safe and well-organized work environment.
- Performs most Call Outs (CO) without assistance from a technical
expert. Diagnoses and repairs mechanical problems on multiple
- Performs Major Maintenance (MM), Overhauls and MOB/DEMOB as part
of a team.
- Completes and submits required documentation in an accurate and
Non-Essential Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees shall be in compliance with the Archrock Health
Safety and Environmental Policy and local, statutory and/or
regulatory requirements at all times.
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform all essential duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency in accurately and efficiently diagnosing
and repairing mechanical problems on multiple compressor
- Show track record of performing Preventative Maintenance (PM)
with no guidance and minimal COs due to poor PM work.
- Perform Major Maintenance (MM), Overhauls, and MOB / DEMOB as
part of a team.
- Perform most Call Outs (CO) without assistance from a technical
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Read, write and speak English (work orders, manuals, etc.)
- Follow all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Use intermediate computer skills, including engine specific
software (Cat and Waukesha), Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Complete and submit company required documentation in an accurate
and timely fashion.
- Respond to afterhours request regularly on an on call basis.
- Knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems,
panel boards, skid wiring, control systems and end-devices, etc.,
through Compressor 101, equivalent training or performance
- Knowledge of some new technologies.
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting Telematics.
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations.
- General understanding of customer s production equipment,
scrubbers, and on/off skid.
- General understanding of all processes and systems and how a
- Knowledge of company maintenance standards checklist and ability
to accurately and completely follow.
Minimum Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training
- Typically at least 3 years of experience with natural gas engines
and compressors, and a working knowledge of production
- May serve as a resource to others with less experience.
- Often called on to assist in training or mentoring less
Physical Demands: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed - Refer to
WorkSaver Systemssm for full details.
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required
by role (includes respiratory protection medical requirements as
required by role).
- Constantly required to display good manual dexterity and to reach
with hands and arms.
- Constantly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit while driving or using a PC.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, and
twist with good balance.
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to
push and pull up to 110 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry at least 40 pounds with one hand
for at least 10 feet.
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment,
stairs and vertical ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Extensive Travel.
- Drives and works in inclement weather for extended periods.
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Most assignments regularly require some problem identification
- Implements solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing,
interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data.
- Anticipates and proactively solves moderately complex problems
using internal and external resource.
- Routinely identifies opportunities and provides ideas, methods
and innovations to enhance teamwork, efficiency and quality.
- Actions and decisions impact operational, and financial results
on assigned equipment.
- Customers complain quickly if there is trouble, which will affect
customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Errors will most likely result in schedule delays or increased
- Accountable for HSE, service quality, and customer
Freedom to Act:
- Typically receives and follows specific detailed instructions
- Supervision or other resources are generally available for
- Follows standard practices and procedures in reviewing situations
or data from which answers can most often be readily obtained.
- Within defined parameters selects methods, techniques and
approaches and arranges activities to meet defined schedule.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is
not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to
describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All
employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor,
regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Keywords: Archrock, Snowmass , Compressor Mechanic, Engineering , Rifle, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!