Scheduler & Precertification Specialist (Glenwood Springs Office)
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This position is located in our remote office in Glenwoods Springs,
CO. This is a fulltime position (40 hours per week) with full
benefits and competitive compensation. This position is Monday thru
Ideal candidates will have some healthcare or health insurance
experience (preferred, not required), are team players(required),
will be computer proficient (required) and career minded
(required). Having a friendly and highly professional demeanor is
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
* Accurately schedules appointments, choosing appropriate
appointment types, and correct data entry. Professional &
responsive communication with physicians, patients, and
* Produces day end reports & distributes. Includes reviewing
scanned orders, correct procedure vs. actual order, and ABN if
needed has been processed & distributed accordingly.
* Works with other PFS staff to ensure fiscal management of
appointments. Stays current on Medicare & insurance requirements,
ensuring ABN's & insurance waivers & pre-certs
are completed & communicated to patient & scanned.
* Understands and complies with all Hospital, patient
confidentiality, ABN's and insurance waivers. Participates in
trainings & staff meetings. Reads daily summary reports & emails to
be aware of changes.
* Utilizes computerized scheduling and B/AR modules to maximize
benefit for AVH and customers. Adapts software to meet needs.
* Provides assistance to other departments as needed.
* Fiscal responsibility including reviewing and completing ABN's,
Insurance authorizations/waivers, and ensuring completed
precertification as needed.
* Schedules and pre-certifies all Physical Therapy patients-at all
AVH locations. Reviews and monitors CAP requirements and ABN's for
Medicare patients. Pre-certify and/or check for MCR ABN on all
patients with scheduled lab tests-at all AVH locations. As above
does all pre-certification, insurance authorizations and waivers,
required ABN's and CAPS.
* Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
* Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
* Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the Code
* Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
* 2-3 years of experience in related healthcare field preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal skills required
* Ability to work independently
* Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant
experience. Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position,
which includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point
(12 or more years).
Minimum = $19.15/hr
Mid-Point = $24.90/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off,
Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Previous professional experience that would be helpful, but not
required, would be: Insurance Verification, Insurance Rep,
Scheduling, Health Insurance, Health Care Insurance, Healthcare
Scheduling, Hospital Scheduling, Medical Insurance, Clinical
Coordinator, Entry Level Health Care positions, Paid Training, On
the job training, Medical Scheduler, Hospital Administrative
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Snowmass , Scheduler & Precertification Specialist (Glenwood Springs Office), Administration, Clerical , Silt, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!